Gaming ports..

senzer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bit dissapointed by some of the points on GBA.

First up, Rayman advance. wow. I'm guessing it's limited by the hardware.. Compared to the version on the Saturn, it's bloody awful. Pixellated graphics in places - why? Missing sound and also lame sound quality on the music. The screen seems to have shrunk too.. like they kept rayman bigger while the rest of the screen remains small

Second, a few snes 'ports' (if you can call them ports) Yoshis Island has been changed slightly, he now says 'Yoshi!' everytime you start a level (very annoying) or restart, compared to the old 'jump stomp' noise. They also messed up the world navigation.. the other mario games have butchered menus, and come complete with the same lame Mario versus game (yawn!)
Super mario world is pretty lame with the 'pick luigi' thing always coming up, the extra lame sounds mario makes (nice one! and stuff like that when you collect a mushroom)

Off topic, game I'm really enjoying right now is Ninja Cop. Simple relaxed game play! Also have been enjoying ff6, Castlevania : MoD and ye olde Bubble Bobble collection! damn Ninja Cop is starting to get hard. Stage 3 in the warehouse... phew!

Ikki

GBATemp's grumpy panda.
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
You're a couple years late, bud.

But I guess you're right. Most of the game ports on the GBA are pretty bad.

D

Deleted-236924

Super Mario Advance games are great.
What's wrong with the voices?

Schlupi

Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniac™
Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
The only games that suffered the GBA transition are the DKC games, FF games, and a few other select titles. Most of these "issues" with these games have been fixed my enhancement patches. DKC, on the other hand, is AN IRREPARABLE MESS. Seriously; they messed up DKC series big time with the crappy GBA ports. the look ugly compared to the original.

Schlupi

Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniac™
Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
Pingouin7 said:
thaddius said:
Pingouin7 said:
Super Mario Advance games are great.
What's wrong with the voices?
Toad in SMA was awful.
Who uses Toad anyway?

tpi.gif
it's all about Peach and Mario, G.

Luigi for Lulz. TOAD IS TOO FAT DAMN IT HE FALLS TOO FAST
hate2.gif

senzer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the speedball 2 port is pretty lacklustre. some simple things are missing (the intro music, in game music) and it has the annoying 'ice cream!' the strider port on capcoms megamix HAS SLOWDOWN?

off topic : after playing castlevania : minuet of dawn and loving it (even if it did clock in at around 7-9 hours), i'm dissapointed with circle of the moon. but minuet is the first castlevania game i've really played through. are they normally like circle of the moon?

koimayeul

Trophies
XP
Country
France
The Mario remakes are okay to my liking, but see the Donkey Kong Country games on GBA.. horrible colors my god!

senzer said:
off topic : after playing castlevania : minuet of dawn and loving it (even if it did clock in at around 7-9 hours), i'm dissapointed with circle of the moon. but minuet is the first castlevania game i've really played through. are they normally like circle of the moon?

actually they came out on the GBA in that order

- circle of the moon
- harmony of dissonance
- aria of sorrow

each episode usually sports a new game system, kind of like the final fantasy series
also usually the later the better in terms of depth, that why you get disappointed by circle i guess

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol