Homebrew Porting a Wii Homebrew to DS?

Xeretinha

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I wanna know if is there possible, specially about Genesis Plus DX (it has SEGA CD emulation AND resolution selection - may be better than JenesisDS). Seems it was developed with LiboGC and i guess if could be ported to LibARM NOR DSTWO SDK.

I'm not used on low level programming, so...

Xeretinha

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
The DS is not that powerful to handle Sega CD game, nor even the 3DS, so no.
Even being just Genesis (JenesisDS lets the screen quite weirdo), chopping Sega CD related functions, it stills not?

Sometime ago i did read about a port of PicoDriveDS for DS2+ (based on a PicoDrive Dingux version)... Is also another possibility, but i'd never found a proper release!

Billy Acuña

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Even being just Genesis (JenesisDS lets the screen quite weirdo), chopping Sega CD related functions, it stills not?

Sometime ago i did read about a port of PicoDriveDS for DS2+ (based on a PicoDrive Dingux version)... Is also another possibility, but i'd never found a proper release!
Genesis Plus is for PPC hardware, Picodrive in the other hand is arm assembly, so Picodrive is much more better option the Genesis Plus.

Xeretinha

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Genesis Plus is for PPC hardware, Picodrive in the other hand is arm assembly, so Picodrive is much more better option the Genesis Plus.
A fork of Genesis Plus GX ported to GCW0 (seems to has a very near architecture to ARM and to Dingoo itself): http://boards.dingoonity.org/gcw-releases/genesis-plus-gx/

Also, PicoDrive for Dingoo stills in development at it's GitHub ( https://github.com/notaz/picodrive/ )... If the problem is the architecture, why not to compile an uptodate version? (to compile it is just donwloading and compiling with DevKitPRO/DS2-SDK? I guess not, and is where i need atleast some orientation...)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Wut.