PortableEverything For All!!!

Should I Include An Option To Download Other Projects On First Project Release?

• Total voters

MarioMasta64

hi. i make batch stuff and portable shiz
OP
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
I need to get my PC back up ands started so upgrading to 19.0.2 OBS Portable wont be a thing in here unless you have admin (or time to extract the zip into \bin\obs\) sorry for the inconvenience

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

so the update for obs portable launcher will be soon-ish

Reactions: Blauhasenpopo

MarioMasta64

OP
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
why not some more portable emulators! Maybe dolphin?
theres already one in the experimental section on PortableApps.com

just about all of them actual. Portable DirectX was a thing too but not anymore sadly

MarioMasta64

OP
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
Update Launcher For OBS; Now Downloads 19.0.2 (Now Has Auto-Configiration Option). If you already have the launcher you can click update and then choose upgrade afterwards to get the new version. if you don't have it you can download it using my suite

I made portable QT-Emu that counts sorta(?) and Portable Cemu. I guess portable dolphin could be a thing I could do but it has waaaay too many dependencies. I'm planning portable citra when I can figure out how to reroute the saves

one think I can think of is any emulator that typically needs vcredist id be willing to make a launcher for. also anything that uses an nsis launcher.

btw id recommend donating to cemu, citra, tor-project, https://eternallybored.org/misc/wget/ the paypal on this page itd take forever to download without this. and many other things I include here. keep the projects alive ^~^

MarioMasta64

OP
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
Updated Following Launchers: Steam, Minecraft, LastPass. Reason: Put "" In The Wrong Places.
So Make Sure To Update (Also Copy Data Manually To Needed Folders If You Were Using Releases: [[Minecraft v8]]; ".minecraft" And "java" To "\data\minecraft\" [[Steam v10]]; Anything Resembling A Game Title To "\data\appdata\" and [[LastPass v7]]; "lastpass" to "\data\lastpass\" To Access Where All This Would Be Type %appdata% In Explorer. Previous Versions Shouldn't Be Affected)

I'm thinking of maybe adding OBS Classic support for the launcher; Would anyone want that?

MarioMasta64

OP
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
welp I'm bored so imma make some bug fixes in various programs and such ;P theyre all minor bugs I kinda laid off for a bit so you probably never notice them but I sometimes do.

boomario

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
At least in Dolphin you can place a empty portable.txt file with the .exe and all the configurations will be stored in his own folder, without documents and everything like. About other dependencies there is not much you can do except include some necessaries .dlls and will work for most users with modern OS.
Nice program, BTW.

Reactions: MarioMasta64

MarioMasta64

OP
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
Pretty cool, is there a gui coming in the future, or linux support?
[BANNED]

Pretty cool, is there a gui coming in the future, or linux support?
no gui. I do batch. and no Linux. I run windows. and Linux needs so many more dependencies

At least in Dolphin you can place a empty portable.txt file with the .exe and all the configurations will be stored in his own folder, without documents and everything like. About other dependencies there is not much you can do except include some necessaries .dlls and will work for most users with modern OS.
Nice program, BTW.
that's similarly what I did with cemu portable. it still saves to documents tho. also a portableapps version exists

Nice program, BTW.
by still saving I meant for dolphin. cemu saves in its own folder

I added a portable version of Visual Studio Code BTW its PoC but works as far as ive tested. no fancy gui yet. download using the suite or straight from the repo if you want. (yes I know the way I download the file is kinda cancer)

Last edited by MarioMasta64,

MarioMasta64

OP
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
on second thought I could probably do dolphin. it does like to save to documents. only thing is the .dll files are super hard. itd be nice if someone had a copy of directx portable .paf.exe on there pc that they could give me :/

Reactions: Deleted-379826

MarioMasta64

OP
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
Update to Visual Studio Code Portable Launcher PoC if you downloaded the program before you can use the suite to delete and redownload it if not you can use the suite to download it; changes: cleaner directory storage. few bug fixes. also if you had the first version of the PoC use "u" to migrate your files after update.

Last edited by MarioMasta64,
D

Deleted User

on second thought I could probably do dolphin. it does like to save to documents. only thing is the .dll files are super hard. itd be nice if someone had a copy of directx portable .paf.exe on there pc that they could give me :/
You should only need the dlls. I don't think there is a directx portable and the dlls are pretty easy to download. I don't know how this works though, so I could be wrong

Reactions: MarioMasta64

MarioMasta64

OP
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
You should only need the dlls. I don't think there is a directx portable and the dlls are pretty easy to download. I don't know how this works though, so I could be wrong
that's the theory. however the .dll have to have a modified file as far as I know as it crashes everytime whenever I gather all the needed .dll even if I get every .dll there is an error and it exits

bug fixes to the cia option of project kaeru setup also I added a note saying that its no longer recommended. update at will.

also all instances of Project Kaeru have been changed to Kaeru World as its now called

MarioMasta64

OP
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
and there was a directx portable and a few projects took advantage of it the main one is dolphin portable 4.0 the only link is to a onedrive account and its no longer available

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Synthetic chocolate will be a thing lol