popsloader question & plugin suggestions

Discussion in 'PSP - Hacking & Homebrew' started by Terminator02, Jul 13, 2011.

Jul 13, 2011
  1. Terminator02
    OP

Member Terminator02 ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ

United States
    hey, i've got my psp go hacked up with pro b8 and i installed popsloader with (what i believe is) all of the compatible firmware versions, however i haven't really seen the point of it, every game that i've tried works fine, or even better on the "currently flashed" pops (6.39 btw)

my basic question is, since i have a go with the latest version, is there really any reason why i would want popsloader? the only thing i've ever heard is that a few games don't work with the newer versions but i haven't seen an example of that yet (also only the current flashed version supports saved states)

and one more question, for 6.xx could i put the psp GO firmwares in place of the psp 1000-3000 firmwares when installing popsloader to keep both the compatibility and the save states?

and then plugins, i remember reading a plugins thread a while ago, but just searching now all of them were old (1 year+), so i was wondering what some good plugins were, i'm specifically looking for a plugin that lets me play music during games/homebrew, and i want to know which cheats plugin is the best

edit: also, should i use game categories lite 1.2 or game categories v3?

2. Coto

Member Coto GBAtemp Addict

Chile
    I think the GO revs have the same motherboard layout as the earlier PSP 3000. (09g seems to be new?).

The popsloader savestates, really depend on what popsloader version you used to generate the save anyway. 3.10 pops won't work on a 3.90 pops based savestate.

Oh, and the newer pops (5.50+) have some nice fixes, which might fix some problematic yet incompatible eboots no matter what ID you'd use. (Digimon World 3 anyone?)

3. Terminator02
    OP

United States
    by savestates i was referring to the "pause game" option only available on the go, which is basically a save state

Edit: and all GOs are 05g, 09g is only in the latest brite psps

4. xist

Member xist ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ

United Kingdom
    The reason you'd want popsloader is for a compatibility boost...if you haven't run into any converted PSX eboots that give you trouble then no, you don't need popsloader and you can bin it.

As for trying to use the PSP Go suspend/resume feature across different pops as loaded by popsloader...i have a suspicion that it could end up bricking you (if it indeed works in the same way as a state) however i'd suggest you just don't try it.

music.prx or MP3Player Plugin

Personal preference on cheats plugin....depends how you use it

Game Categories Light for 6.3X

5. RoMee

Member RoMee ??

United States
    Source: http://wololo.net/talk/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=7371

EDIT:
    My opinion on pops is, it's better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it.

6. Coto

Member Coto GBAtemp Addict

Chile
    Thanks for the info xist! they're much appreciated.

7. Terminator02
    OP

United States
    could you explain the different cheat plugins and what makes them different? I'm thinking of going with Cheatmaster Fusion because according to what i've read it's basically just CWCheat with more features

also, any other plugins that are good? like essentials?

and i don't think this got answered:

8. RoMee

Member RoMee ??

United States
    I don't quite understand what you're asking, but pops compatibility is based on your PSP model/module, not firmware.

9. Terminator02
    OP

United States
    the GO versions of pops have the pause/resume function, the regular 1000-3000 pops doesn't

10. Nathan Drake

Member Nathan Drake Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.

Antarctica
    I assume that would have something to do with the actual Go firmware, since regardless of if you have a 3000 or a Go, the same popsloader pack will work, but the pause function is obviously not present in the 3000 model. I don't personally find it needed, but it is neat.

TempAR seems to be the most popular cheat plugin used by the by.

I also don't regret having popsloader at all. Dragon Warrior VII refused to work on later versions of pops (blue screen at menu with no text), but worked like a charm on 4.01. Legend of Dragoon had slowdowns in certain places on 6.20 pops, but works fine on 5.50 pops. If you play a lot of PSX EBOOT's, I would hold onto popsloader for awhile.

11. RoMee

Member RoMee ??

United States
    That's a feature only in the PSP GO's OFW, I don't think you can use the GO"s OFW on a PSP 2K/3K

you can try PSPStates
    here's a link http://psp.dashhacks.com/file/2070

12. Terminator02
    OP

United States
    i have a GO, that's why i was wondering if i could keep that ability through all of the 6.xx pops by using the GO versions

anyway, if PSPStates is actually better than the official pause/resume i guess i'll just use that anyway

and again, what are some other essential plugins?

13. RoMee

Member RoMee ??

United States

Take a look at this, and see if there's any that interest you
    http://wololo.net/talk/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=7407

I recommend xmbctrl and dayviewer if you don't already have it

14. Terminator02
    OP

United States
    i didn't have any plugins except popsloader, that's why i'm asking for suggestions ;p

thanks for the list tho, that dude put a lot of work in

15. Terminator02
    OP

United States
    the answer is no, ur psp will just freeze if u try to use the GO firmwares instead of the X00X ones