Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
28ixr42.jpg

NOTE: THE POLLS HAVE BEEN WIPED AND CHANGED FOR THIS WEEKEND! PLEASE VOTE AGAIN
smile.gif

Greetings, GBATemp! As many of you may know, Duskye and I have been working very hard to set up this weekend's "GBATemp Stream Weekend" event, in which three tempers will stream games LIVE, while allowing many others to actively discuss the game, how it's being played, or whatever! However, we're doing it a little different than most; we are letting YOU, the people, choose which game we will be streaming! In the poll above you will be able to vote for which game you'd like to see played by Duskye, Jolan and I this weekend, out of five (in DY's case, three) possible choices. These choices all vary in gameplay and often in platform, so chances are there's something you'd like to see.

Well, vote for your favorite, and don't forget to show up for the "GBATemp Stream Weekend" this weekend! Look on the front page for more details about the event.

Recorderdude

Musician, Animator, Buffoon.
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Windaga said:
I think you should all stream Persona 3. There's 3 different versions, after all.

Voted for P3P, Tohou, and Wario Land 3.

We actually set it up so each streamer would have a certain type of game to choose from, all different so people who didn't like one type of game could go to another stream where a different type was played; Duskye took RPGs (and kirby, or course
tongue.gif
), Jolan took modern action games and I took retro and weird games (though I've decided to limit myself to one "weird" option per stream, LSD being that option for this one). It does appear like I'll be going through either conker, WL3 or DKC2 at the moment, though, which is just as cool. I love all the games I've picked, especially conker, WL3 and DKC2, and played all of em through pretty far before, except for LSD, which I've decided to not play in case it wins so I can be genuinely surprised at what the game throws at me. Still, I'm fine and raring to go with whatever is chosen. Just so you know, I'm not voting in this myself because, well, we want the community to choose, not the streamer, right?
tongue.gif

Anyways, happy voting!

Jolan

Unlimited Bear Works
Trophies
Website
www.animecubed.com
XP
Country
Windaga said:
I think you should all stream Persona 3. There's 3 different versions, after all.

Hahaha, if I could stream from my PS2, I'd play some Persona 4 instead.

Btw, in Touhou, I'm including Hisoutensoku, which is a Fighting Game.
So, if anyone has it and wants to show some skills in the livestream, PM me so we can try and work it out.

DarkShinigami

#1 strongest Shinigami BANKAI
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wow so far it looks like persona 3, touhou(you misspelled it sorry if i sound like an ass) and dkc2 are the winners when will you guys decide to end it

i voted dkc2 touhou and p3p(Still gotta beat p3p myself)

also jolan will you be playing Every touhou game if it wins?

Recorderdude

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Jolan said:

I actually used to be able to stream from my PS2. My old desktop had composite video in ports that you could capture and stream from. My new lappy doesn't though.

Anyways, if you're going to ask for co-op streamers, remember you don't have to worry about them being able to use livestream - they won't be as two streams for the same game are unesscesary, but they can use skype if they want to chat over it while you're playing. In other words, as long as they can play it, doesn't matter if they can stream it.

Also, it would be best to ask for them in the other Temp Stream thread, as this thread serves the purpose of voting for the games while the other serves the purpose of organizing the streams, so you'll probably get more attention there.

Best of luck.

We haven't yet decided when voting will end, BTW, but it will obviously end before the streams begin.

Windaga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jolan said:
Windaga said:

So, if anyone has it and wants to show some skills in the livestream, PM me so we can try and work it out.

Are you guys emulating the titles, or playing them on your TV's? If it's off the TV, how? I know there are capture cards and such, but I don't see why it'd work for some consoles and not for others.

I haven't personally played the original Persona 3, but I'd definitely play P4 over the original. Maybe not over FES, but definitely over the original.

Recorderdude

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Windaga said:
Are you guys emulating the titles, or playing them on your TV's? If it's off the TV, how? I know there are capture cards and such, but I don't see why it'd work for some consoles and not for others.

I haven't personally played the original Persona 3, but I'd definitely play P4 over the original. Maybe not over FES, but definitely over the original.

PSP games are done with remotejoy.
I believe some of Jolan's are XBOX 360 or PS3 games being captured but they may all be PC. Duskye mentioned Jolan using a 360 but I'm not sure.
All older consoles are emulated (usually anything before PS2/GC/XBOX).

Windaga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah. Good to know, thanks. Though, I thought Remote Joy streamed the videos super slow? Or lagged severely? Because god, I'd love to be able to play Persona 3 Portable on the big screen
tongue.gif

Well either way, can't wait to see.

Nujui

I need something to do.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Windaga said:
Jolan said:
Windaga said:

I'd like to stream P4, but then you would have to deal with the scenes being slow as crap. Gameplay is fine though.

And as for the psp, it truly depends on what psp you have. I don't know about Jolan or personuser, but I have a 1001. That has dick to do with tvs, so remotejoy + audio connector=recording.

Recorderdude

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Duskye said:
I'd like to stream P4, but then you would have to deal with the scenes being slow as crap. Gameplay is fine though.

And as for the psp, it truly depends on what psp you have. I don't know about Jolan or personuser, but I have a 1001. That has dick to do with tvs, so remotejoy + audio connector=recording.
Emulating PS2 is possible, especially for someone with a strong PC like DY, but....eh, pretty much that. It gets slow sometimes regardless of power, like during P4 cutscenes.

I've got the 2001 hackable star wars edition.

Don't know if Jolan has a PSP.

Jolan

Unlimited Bear Works
Trophies
Website
www.animecubed.com
XP
Country
I'm working with Rydian's guide about streaming PSP to PC atm, could get some PSP games up and running I guess.

Also, all of those are PC games that I listed. Sadly, I own a PC, PS2, PSP and a DS.

As for the Touhou Series, well, not all of them. It's gonna be a viewer's choice on the title or titles, since I have everything except Fairy Wars.

And using a PS2 emulator to run P4? Dunno if that would work out well. Especially if streamed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-