• RajNX

Votes: 36 10.5%

• Total voters

Ian095

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You said, and i quote"I've tried the other CFWs and they don't add anything over SXOS" Now considering that Hekate CAN be called a CFW or at the very least is an essential part of booting the other CFW and SXOS doesn't use it in any way, shape or form, you saying that the other CFW don't have anything over SXOS is simply FALSE. Because they do, and it's not just NAND backup and restore tools either

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Doesn't Rei support LayeredFS too?

Couldn't confirm or deny it but whenever I loaded up games normally it wasn't automatically running them so I assumed not.
(Only reason I can think of is why is if ReiNX doesn't use the Atmosphere folder which now I think about it, it probably doesn't. Lol woops).

Last edited by Ian095,

Brandon Golway

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hekate is a bootloader, not a Custom Firmware. Since you're being pedantic, what I meant was I've found nothing that ReiNX (or any of the other Horizon replacements) can do over SXOS.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dude what is wrong with you.
SX Pro is the best and easiest to use cfw. Thats why the majority of people use it. No trial and error no fucking around with other apps to make it work correctly. It works for everyone on every firmware.
What is really not clear is why people don't use it.
And that main reason appears to be it cost money
RajNX and ReiNX couldn't be easier to use, so we don't know what you're talking about.

People don't use SX OS primarily because there are free alternatives that are equally good. Not having to spend money is a pretty good reason not to use it.

veddermandan

Trophies
Website
youtu.be
XP
Country
Australia
P
1)no it's not. ReiNX and RajNX and hell even Hekate are just as easy and even better as they offer more features
2) The majority of people use it because it came FIRST with the ability to play backups
3) Right now there is NO trial and error to run any other CFW, it's just following a tutorial, it couldn't be ANY more simple and yeah, they work for everyone too
3) People don't use it for a variety of reasons. The stolen code, the fact that the OS itself costs money which is BS or any other reason other people might have

You didn't expect that SXOS's popularity and "advantage" was going to last forever did you?[/QUOTE
You cancel your 2 arguments out by saying you need to follow tutorials for the other cfw. What an idiot. Obviously not as easy to use as SX.
No one cares about the code. Although the SX users are definitely happy when they improve upon the apps they add.

Guess you're a young one. Since TX were the best solutions for Xbox and Xbox 360 why would they not be the best most used solution for the Switch. They have been in the scene for nearly 20yrs

I don't hate on hekate atmosphere reinx or rajnx even though they are inferior and unable to match the ability and convenience of SX. Yet all these immature uneducated people keep hating

Ashura66

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Hekate is a bootloader, not a Custom Firmware. Since you're being pedantic, what I meant was I've found nothing that ReiNX (or any of the other Horizon replacements) can do over SXOS.

A bootloader which is an ESSENTIAL PART of ReiNX/RajNX. Let me bring up a post from another thread:
"While it is technically a bootloader, the definition of a CFW is in of itself misleading as there are 2 different interpretations: a firmware that patches the existing one (CustomizedFW) or replaces the existing one (CustomFW).There was debate on whether it was more appropriate to refer to Hekate as a HEN (Homebrew ENabler) because it avoids the usage of the misleading CFW but due to multiple reasons, it did not catch on. All that being said, Hekate has the power to not only act as a substitute bootloader but apply patches to the firmware."
Get it now?

Brandon Golway

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A bootloader which is an ESSENTIAL PART of ReiNX/RajNX. Let me bring up a post from another thread:
"While it is technically a bootloader, the definition of a CFW is in of itself misleading as there are 2 different interpretations: a firmware that patches the existing one (CustomizedFW) or replaces the existing one (CustomFW).There was debate on whether it was more appropriate to refer to Hekate as a HEN (Homebrew ENabler) because it avoids the usage of the misleading CFW but due to multiple reasons, it did not catch on. All that being said, Hekate has the power to not only act as a substitute bootloader but apply patches to the firmware."
Get it now?

Go ahead and try to use Hekate to play some games and tell me how it works! I mean Hekate itself, not using it to load a version of Horizon....You can't......because it's not a custom firmware like ReiNX and SXOS are, it's used to load them! There's a reason it's not listed in the poll dummy...

Comparing Hekate to SXOS is like comparing GRUB to Windows.

comput3rus3r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought sx-pro when it first came out for my first switch. On my second switch I had hekate+sigpatches atmosphere, devmenu and all that jazz. I still ended up buying another sx-pro because I liked it better. I don't have to follow tutorial to keep up to date or searching for the right files on the web. TX saves me time.

-----real customer testimony.

Reactions: samsam91

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Go ahead and try to use Hekate to play some games and tell me how it works! I mean Hekate itself, not using it to load a version of Horizon....You can't......because it's not a custom firmware like ReiNX and SXOS are, it's used to load them! There's a reason it's not listed in the poll dummy...

Comparing Hekate to SXOS is like comparing GRUB to Windows.
Hekate does indeed include CFW features, such as some signature patches. The reason it's not on the poll, presumably, is because SX OS, RajNX, and ReiNX are the only custom firmwares that support backup-loading natively without additional files. RajNX is also essentially a modified version of Hekate.

samsam91

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Without being able to see the identities of the voters, one should apply a healthy level of skepticism to the poll results.

There's some circumstantial evidence that the people behind SX OS are creating at least some accounts on GBATemp in order to hype their product and inundate the forums with posts about how it's significantly superior to any free alternative.

In addition, the OP created his account just to post this poll, and the first post reads like an advertisement. I wouldn't be surprised if the thread was an organized effort to present the SX OS as the most popular option. When I noticed that a plurality of voters voted for SX OS but that a majority of people voted for something other than SX OS, I intentionally pointed out this fact in an effort to see if there would be a sudden jump to a narrow majority for SX OS, and there was.

haha another skeptic. Do you want me to reveal the identities of all voters to shut you up? In-fact ill do it anyway

samsam91

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Posts like this just give credence to the theory you know...

Yea i guess so but so often you see people hating on SX over anything. Stolen code bla bla. This guy now reckons they are behind this poll because why? it is to popular? When in reality lazy bastards like my self dont want to muck-around with the ins and outs of CFW. SX is simple and a time saver. Hence my preference. I will use anything that is easy to use/setup and offers the most features.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I brought up very real concerns about the nature of this thread. But please, feel free to shut me up.
I want to but i cant figure out how to reveal who the voters are haha i cant find the option in the poll? Anyone know how? Or can a mod reveal the voters please. Lets end the speculation that SX are behind the results.

Ashura66

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Yea i guess so but so often you see people hating on SX over anything. Stolen code bla bla. This guy now reckons they are behind this poll because why? it is to popular? When in reality lazy bastards like my self dont want to muck-around with the ins and outs of CFW. SX is simple and a time saver. Hence my preference. I will use anything that is easy to use/setup and offers the most features.

Then if that's so, you should be using Rei/Raj. It's simple and easy to use/set up and offers more features than SXOS does. Of course SX does offer the portability but since you already have the dongle you can simply switch to Rei/Raj and keep using the dongle. Then again you already paid for the OS license so you might as well use it

samsam91

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Dude what is wrong with you.
SX Pro is the best and easiest to use cfw. Thats why the majority of people use it. No trial and error no fucking around with other apps to make it work correctly. It works for everyone on every firmware.
What is really not clear is why people don't use it.
And that main reason appears to be it cost money
My thoughts exactly! Some people are just butt hurt over the whole SX stealing code thing. While in fact most people are running CFW to pirate games. The irony.

Reactions: veddermandan

xIce101x

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We never got cartridge backup-loading on free 3DS CFW because it worked using a flashcart in the cartridge slot. People are working on XCI-loading, and it doesn't have the same kind of limitiations.

That being said, I agree there isn't much of a demand for .XCI-loading on the Switch now that we have NSP files.

XCI files are not safe. You will likely be banned if you connect to the internet on a Switch that has played XCI backups.
I’ve been using xci backups online with an injected cert and I still haven’t been banned. Never installed a nsp and the only homebrew I used was to get the cert off my legit car

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yea i guess so but so often you see people hating on SX over anything. Stolen code bla bla.
The stolen code and the brick code are very real reasons not to use SX OS. However, these things don't matter to me personally.

This guy now reckons they are behind this poll because why? it is to popular?
I don't reckon anything, but again, I do bring up very real concerns. In other words, I don't accept that TX is influencing this poll, but I acknowledge it as a very real possibility. Here are some of the reasons why:
  1. You created your account solely to make this thread.
  2. Your OP reads like an advertisement.
  3. There has been an influx of new and pro-SX users.
  4. The English of the aforementioned users sometimes isn't quite right, even when they're allegedly from English-speaking countries.
  5. We know of similar online tactics, particularly in China.
  6. I've seen some common phrases used by allegedly separate users to describe SX OS or the free alternatives.
  7. As predicted, my comment about a majority of users voting for something other than SX OS, despite it having a plurality of votes, was met with a swift adjustment. <--- I tend to treat something more seriously and less like a conspiracy theory when it has predictability.
  8. We still can't see who voted in the poll.
I fully acknowledge that SX OS might have this high of numbers. GBATemp is full of pirates, and it was only until recently that it was the only way to reliably play backups.

When in reality lazy bastards like my self dont want to muck-around with the ins and outs of CFW. SX is simple and a time saver. Hence my preference. I will use anything that is easy to use/setup and offers the most features.
ReiNX and RajNX are just as simple to use as SX OS while having almost all of the features of SX OS and more. In a nutshell, if a person needs XCI-loading and it's worth the money to him or her, then he or she should purchase SX OS. Otherwise, that person should use RajNX or ReiNX to install games from NSP files. The convenience of .3DS backups over .CIA backups on the 3DS wasn't enough for people to continue purchasing Gateway in large numbers, and it won't be enough for people to continue purchasing SX OS in large numbers.

I’ve been using xci backups online with an injected cert and I still haven’t been banned. Never installed a nsp and the only homebrew I used was to get the cert off my legit car
Did the cert come from the same game as the XCI backup? If not, Nintendo could ban you. Playing XCI backups online or offline also carries an inherent ban risk.

Last edited by Lacius,

xIce101x

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The stolen code and the brick code are very real reasons not to use SX OS. However, these things don't matter to me personally.

I don't reckon anything, but again, I do bring up very real concerns. In other words, I don't accept that TX is influencing this poll, but I acknowledge it as a very real possibility. Here are some of the reasons why:
  1. You created your account solely to make this thread.
  2. Your OP reads like an advertisement.
  3. There has been an influx of new and pro-SX users.
  4. The English of the aforementioned users sometimes isn't quite right, even when they're allegedly from English-speaking countries.
  5. We know of similar online tactics, particularly in China.
  6. I've seen some common phrases used by allegedly separate users to describe SX OS or the free alternatives.
  7. As predicted, my comment about a majority of users voting for something other than SX OS, despite it having a plurality of votes, was met with a swift adjustment. <--- I tend to treat something more seriously and less like a conspiracy theory when it has predictability.
  8. We still can't see who voted in the poll.
I fully acknowledge that SX OS might have this high of numbers. GBATemp is full of pirates, and it was only until recently that it was the only way to reliably play backups.

ReiNX and RajNX are just as simple to use as SX OS while having almost all of the features of SX OS and more. In a nutshell, if a person needs XCI-loading and it's worth the money to him or her, then he or she should purchase SX OS. Otherwise, that person should use RajNX or ReiNX to install games from NSP files. The convenience of .3DS backups over .CIA backups on the 3DS wasn't enough for people to continue purchasing Gateway in large numbers, and it won't be enough for people to continue purchasing SX OS in large numbers.

Did the cert come from the same game as the XCI backup? If not, Nintendo could ban you. Playing XCI backups online or offline also carries an inherent ban risk.
The cert came from a game I own.

samsam91

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Then if that's so, you should be using Rei/Raj. It's simple and easy to use/set up and offers more features than SXOS does. Of course SX does offer the portability but since you already have the dongle you can simply switch to Rei/Raj and keep using the dongle. Then again you already paid for the OS license so you might as well use it

Honestly im happy to change to a different CFW in the future as long as it offers all features that SX does and is easy to use. Ie drag and drop a boot.dat file. That's my opinion on this.

And i like XCI for the sole reason as i dont have to insall them. I can drag and drop them off my sd card as i please. I don't have to worry about having double the space free etc.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)