?

Have you signed up for Nintendo Switch Online?

This poll will close on Dec 21, 2028 at 4:16 AM.
  1. Yes

9 vote(s)
    25.7%
  2. No

26 vote(s)
    74.3%
  1. zoogie

OP zoogie playing around in the dsiware
    Developer

Micronesia, Federated States of
    This same question was asked back in September, only a week after the service launched. Given the unfamiliarity and lack of titles available for the service at the time, I'm not surprised the nays greatly outnumbered the yays (and all you SXOS freaks probably had some influence too ;p).

As with any service, content is king, and that is what will inevitably determine its success. After 3 months and some hard-hitting online titles, have Nintendo shown enough to smash your doubts and earn your $20, or have they ultimately failed to woo you into their online world?

Last edited: Dec 21, 2018
    hippy dave likes this.
  2. 71r3n

71r3n GBAtemp Regular

Germany
    Well, i paid.
    But that was, before i realized, the chatapp (that thing itself is a shame for nintendo) only fuckin works with Splatoon 2? I mean srsly: Even Teamspeak would be a bether option for this.
    So right now, its a definitiv "NO"! And i play mostly online. Warframe, Arena of Valor, Paladins, Diablo 3, Dark Souls, Monster Hunter and Mario Kart 8.
    F2P rules online on the switch. Chat options, online without membership etc pp. Only games that dont require an online membership (out of my list obviously, as i havent played games i dont own on my switch) have theese options.

So payed without chat/voice etc and no online

vs.

F2P with chat/voice and online without membership.

3. radicalwookie

radicalwookie GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I got a sub as a gift from an awesome dude @Taffy.
    And I've been playing that Splatoon online on daily basis enjoying a lot!

4. Taffy

Taffy jdfiehgvrhfvhfjkvgrjhfejvgrjkbjvr

United States
    Glad you're enjoying it!

Still need to do a round of mario kart later

radicalwookie likes this.
  5. zoogie

OP zoogie playing around in the dsiware
    Developer

Micronesia, Federated States of
    Pretty surprised the vote ratio is similar to Week0, although I'm not willing to concede its because none of you want what Nintendo's cookin'

It's because you kids gotta stay offline to keep your precious SXOS :P

6. fodder

fodder STARMAN

United States
    I bought my Switch for Ultimate, and signed up for the 7 day online trial. I can confidently say that I won't be playing Ultimate online, or going through with the online subscription, as Smash Ultimate online somehow manages to feel worse than Smash 4 online in nearly every way, despite the core game being so much better (imo)

7. Xzi

Xzi All your base are belong to the proletariat

United States
    The service is still a lot more bare bones than I would've liked, but at $20 for a year, it's really hard to give a damn. There's nothing I want to play online on PS4, so if I'm only going to pay for one online subscription, it might as well be the cheapest one. Everything I play online that isn't Smash is on PC.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Adoption, [Poll], Online