Homebrew [Poll] I have not been banned

cybrian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Considering what I’m reading tells me that the ban wave is presently ongoing I believe you’ll end up with at least a few entries from people who checked if they’re banned, weren’t, and later on got banned.

I’m not sure how to tackle this entirely, as I’m not familiar with the backend of Google Forms. If it’s possible to give each form entry a unique ID (say, generate a random number and store it in the table along with the form data) and return this unique ID to the user, that’s one way to be able to “track” entries anonymously.

To clarify, I personally submitted an entry because my N3DS XL is not presently banned. If I were to become banned later on during this wave you’d still have an entry that says I wasn’t banned, but because of rightful paranoia involving this ban wave (of course Nintendo has people browsing GBATemp) it’d be bad to collect some non-anonymous information from me on the off-chance it can be used to identify my actual 3DS (“trust no one,” etc.).

However, you will end up with false entries if/while this banwave keeps going. I suggest you look into some sort of way to allow a user to submit a correction to their previous entry, stating their previously mentioned device has been banned.

XXII

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
As @cybrian said, there is the possibility that the collected entries become false in another banwave happens in the following days/weeks, so I will post my results here in addition to the poll, and edit if I am banned later.

Ban wave 05/25/2017 -> no ban (yet) on 3 systems

EUR old3DS xl on 11.1 - no Spotpass - friends shared data ON
EUR old3DS xl on 11.2 - no Spotpass - friends shared data OFF
EUR new3DS xl on 11.2 - no Spotpass - no Mii and no friend list activated

all 3 systems on B9S + Luma (a9lh in the past on all 3).
Modified save on the first. Region free games on all 3, Freeshop on all 3. No cheat (be it online or offline).
Su/Mo online play (with legit cartridge and unmodified saves) on all 3. No other game online. No content early.

Last edited by XXII,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: butt