BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have to do that every week but it always gets drifts again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have one controller that keep doing that for me....I did the the alcohol q-tip trick, let it sit overnight, then did it again, but made sure the tiny lip on the joycon stick was up enough to let a good amount of alcohol to soak down into the actual controller...yea not a sure fix, but works. If still drifts, then do again, and soak even more down into the underneath and wiggle stick around for a min, then let sit to dry.

Last edited by BigOnYa,

DoubleDate

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Monster Hunter Rise royally clogged my right Joycon. I've never experienced any kind of drift until i started playing that bloody game. Now the Switch is acting like im pushing the R3 joystick to the right while im not even touching it. I have to recalibrate every time.

Reactions: Seliph

Seliph

Best Girl ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Got a switch on launch, I've had drift for literal years lmao. I used to play smash a lot with the joycons (now I have a Gamecube controller because I'm not a masochist) which basically ruined them. A month ago I bought new joysticks to fix them and while installing them I accidentally disconnected the battery that holds power for my left joycon and I can't solder it back onto the board because I don't have the equipment/experience so it's effectively useless. The right joycon works great though!

I could just go to a repair place and have it resoldered but ugh... that's a lot of work.

Last edited by Seliph,
Reactions: BigOnYa

Gep_Etto

Being late since '88
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I just have the pair that came with the Switch and the right JoyCon is fine, but the left one sometimes drifts so much that it's impossible to play anything. Oddly though, if I give it a week without touching it, the drift will be gone for a few hours but it always comes back.

Thanks to sys-con, I can use my XBox 360 controller to play my Switch, so I don't really care that much.

wiiNinja

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One of mine acts up every now and then, but it bothered me enough that I got a replacement part and fixed it. The trick is to buy a really nice set of screwdrivers (splurge a little - like a Wowstick), then you'll feel like you need to fix everything, drifting joycons included.

Reactions: hippy dave

kevin corms

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I got the hori ones for handheld, and a pro controller for tv mode. Even when they joycons work perfectly, they are too small for me.

TR_mahmutpek

medic
Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
its bad when you dont touch n-switch for mounths but after you play at least 1 hour, it becomes okay/tolerable but ım talking about normal games like mario 3d world-odssey, not doom 2016 (didnt tested hardcore fps games)

rimoJO

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.rimojo.com
XP
Country
United States
i don't use joycons, but i have an extra wired controller that is always holding a full left input. even when you're holding right, it holds left.
unplayable lol

Rafciu

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Have my Lite for about 6 months, no drift issues for now and im using it almost everyday for 2-4 hours.

Last edited by Rafciu,

Jarmenti

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
its not a matter of how "baboon" like you are on the joycons, it's literally down to hours of use... I just took apart a set and cleaned the internals (took the actual joystick assembly apart and cleaned the PCB) Worked fantastic, and beats sending more junk to Ewaste. People try and use q tips dripping under the rubber boot, but they'll last far more longterm if you actually remove the metal shield and take the stick apart. You can clean the contacts far better this way.

Reactions: BigOnYa

mrgone

old man
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i have two pairs of joycons
the original ones and a replacement pair

while having the first ones, i often let the switch lie around anywhere for longer periods of time (like more than a day)
they have a bit drift while playing
but since i have the replacement ones i always store my switch vertical in the dock.
they have no drift.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1