• NO

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

m3rox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Um... The bottom border doesn't scratch your top screen, it just leaves oil from your skin. This poll/thread is pointless.

m3rox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
KingVamp said:
m3rox said:
Um... The bottom border doesn't scratch your top screen, it just leaves oil from your skin. This poll/thread is pointless.
Not necessary true. I believe it can, but only if you put to much pressure on it.

If you put that much pressure on it, it's your own fault.

lostdwarf

OP
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarleeds.com
XP
Country
m3rox said:
KingVamp said:
m3rox said:
Not necessary true. I believe it can, but only if you put to much pressure on it.

RUBBISH!
you put it in your pocket to use streetpass, and THIS ALONE is enough to cause the scratches. IT IS NOT CUSTOMERS FAULT using it as nintendo have advertised.
It is a bad design flaw, every 3DS I have seen has them.

lostdwarf

OP
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarleeds.com
XP
Country
KingVamp said:
Um... no it isn't. Well at least my pockets. Mine still doesn't have any scratch.

Have you replace yours?

I took it back to asda and got my money back.
I am hoping this will be sorted shortly by nintendo in public or on the quiet as I do want a new one that doesnt ruin my lovely 3D screen, plus even if I have to wait till christmas at least I will have a cool choice of games.

do you have a case and screen protecters?

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lostdwarf said:
KingVamp said:
Um... no it isn't. Well at least my pockets. Mine still doesn't have any scratch.

Have you replace yours?

I took it back to asda and got my money back.
I am hoping this will be sorted shortly by nintendo in public or on the quiet as I do want a new one that doesnt ruin my lovely 3D screen, plus even if I have to wait till christmas at least I will have a cool choice of games.

do you have a case and screen protecters?
I have a case, but I didn't always use it.

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
lol i noticed the marks on my hori screen protector

there ever so light and they are like a ever so slight smudge doesn't feel like there there tho and when the screen is on you don't notice it at all

if i rub them with a good cloth they pretty much go

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
Well scratches all gone

i found out what it was and even got a nice email from Nintendo

i was basically going "ah scratches, anything i can do"

nitendo said scratches may appear if you have a screen protector as obviously it makes it more raised
but a good screen protector (e.g. Hori like the ones i have) will not scratch the screen but the screen protector will

so went out and bought another hori pack (sell them in a shop 5mins away and there legit)

took off my current one and WOW not a scratch on my screen at all

new protector on and looks brand new
happy.gif

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
i have this problem where there is a straight smudge line on the top right hand side of my 3d screen, i used a microfiber cloth to clean it away but i am worried that the line could be permanent if i don't put anything between the 3ds, i have kept the foam that i got in the box and i am using that for now but in the long term this could be a very annoying problem and could cause a lot of destruction over time.

this is why nintendo really shouldn't have rushed the 3ds console into retail so soon, they should have seen this fault and corrected it but i guess they didn't, inevitably we will see a redesign of the 3ds in the far future it seems, hopefully with a better 3d screen too as the range at which you can see the 3d effect is very limited, the range should be much more wider so the user can see the 3d effect from any angle, lets hope nintendo fix that too.

dgwillia

The Bacon Lover
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mine had a tiny tiny tiny little scratch near the edge of the top screen when i got it. I WOULD have returned it, if it werent for the fact this was my 3rd 3DS. (And the store already said they couldnt directly accept returns anymore).

Either way, its damn near perfect aside from that, and the scratch isnt even noticeable unless you stare at it in direct light.

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
lostdwarf said:
m3rox said:
KingVamp said:
m3rox said:

RUBBISH!
you put it in your pocket to use streetpass, and THIS ALONE is enough to cause the scratches. IT IS NOT CUSTOMERS FAULT using it as nintendo have advertised.
It is a bad design flaw, every 3DS I have seen has them.

ARGH YOUR OPINION ISN'T MINE THEREFORE YOU ARE WRONG!!!!!!

seriously though i carry my 3ds everywhere and i do get smudge lines on the top screen but it can easily be wiped away.

saintrobyn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I returned a 3DS on the second day after purchase because the bottom right corner of the bottom screen took a tiny chunk out of the top screen right where the two screens met. As is my current is leaving oil smudges on the top screen.

Fedex14

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I havent got them but I do use a screen protector not sure if it has anything to do with it or not... but im afraid of them appearing

unopepito06

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I will be buying my 3DS at the beginning of the month, this is why I always put screen protectors! Seriously, the ones I got at Best Buy on my DSi can get scratched to hell by the stylus, wipe 'em off and they're as good as new.

However, handheld screens always get damaged, so the real lesson is: get the extended warranty covering standard wear and tear, and bring it back for the new one in a year and 11 months!
laugh.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse