POLL - bottom border scratching top screen

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by lostdwarf, Apr 19, 2011.

?

TOP SCREEN SCRATCHED BY BOTTOM SCREEN

1. YES

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. NO

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Apr 19, 2011
  1. lostdwarf
    OP

Member lostdwarf GBAtemp Maniac

United Kingdom
    Nintendo are denying there is a problem with bottom screens scratching the top screens.

Please answer the poll questions and we will find out ourselfs.

2. syko5150

Member syko5150 GBAtemp Syko!

United States
    I have had my 3DS since launch. I know quite a few people are having a problem with the bottom screen rubbing against the top screen, but I have not encountered this problem as of yet. I don't have any kind of smudges or scratches on my top screen.

3. Fluto

Member Fluto A potato in disguise

Australia
    get a screen protector then wipe the smudges off....

4. Snailface

Member Snailface My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing

Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
    Antarctica
    If any of you have a neogaf account, try to get a thread started there about this. You would be surprised how many major gaming stories originate from neogaf threads. Once a major story/controversy gets started, Nintendo will be forced to act rather than continue sweeping this issue under the rug.

5. heartgold

Member heartgold GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    I noticed a hairline scratch going along the top screen. Fuck! Not obstructing my gameplay though so nothing major.

6. yuyuyup

Member yuyuyup GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    Screen protectors put on the 1st time I opened the system, never noticed any scratches, BUT smudges, yes. Nintendo is going to pay out the ass to get this prob solved.

7. tigris

Member tigris Sentient Existential Anthropomorphic Sweet Potato

United Kingdom
    Oh, fuck no.. are the smudges permanent? Are Poundland screen protectors good?!

8. KingVamp

Member KingVamp Great... AETHER!

United States
    No.

For me? Nope not all. Using the cloth and case method. [​IMG] Ok maybe some small dust, but that all.

9. Kroganwrex

Newcomer Kroganwrex Member

United Kingdom
    Unfortunately, my Hori screen protector now has a very noticeable scratch from this issue. Im scared as to whether it has gone through to the actual screen or not and I dont want to peel it off to check because I didnt get any lint under it and I want to keep it that way.

10. hksrb25s14

Newcomer hksrb25s14 Advanced Member

United States
    i always put the screen clean fabic in the middle

11. DeadlyFoez

Member DeadlyFoez Banned

United States
    I have smudges, but I put a micro fiber cloth in between the screens when I close my 3DS. I've been doing that since day 1. I'm still waiting for my screen protectors to come in from DX, and even after they come in I will still use the micro fiber cloth.

12. haddad

Member haddad GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Canada
    Ever since day 1 of my 3ds, i kept that paper-foamy thingy whenever I close my 3ds [​IMG] so i dont have this experience at all lol

13. Presto99

Member Presto99 You slammin, bro?

United States
    I don't have anything on my normal top screen, because I got the screen protector a day after I got it.
    the screen protector on the top screen is totally scratched, though, mostly on the left side. It's worse when I first open it sometimes, but it's beyond smudging...I refuse to take the time to put in a cloth or every time I shut it.

14. DeMoN

Member DeMoN GBAtemp Guru

United States
    Don't have this problem thankfully. But I do have the hinge problem. [​IMG]

15. lostdwarf
    OP

United Kingdom
    unfortunatly it does seem as though the smudge lines become permanent after a couple weeks of cleaning, then they scratch in. I think its to do with the material the screen cover is made of as the LCD underneath remains unbroken.
    Anyone with difficult to remove smudges should consider an exchange before nintendo order retailers to read you your rights.

16. lostdwarf
    OP

United Kingdom
    We have over 50 votes already and it is looking a bit worrying. Thats a large percentage of you with problems, keep voting guys, thank you. I will send this to Nintendo when a week has passed as these figures are from just 24 hours of poll.

17. vandawn

Member vandawn GBAtemp Regular

Greece
    yeap this is the best solution so far
    when i noticed some dust lines on the upper screen from the bottom one i put that on
    so since then i didnt have any problem at all

edit: i just asked my retailer about this problem and they told me that they havent heard about this problem
    so i asked what if this happens to me too? and they told me that you can give it back and we give you a new one ^^
    so i wouldnt even think of asking nintendo directly to change back my 3ds cause they wouldnt.

18. Kroganwrex

Newcomer Kroganwrex Member

United Kingdom
    Im thinking of sending mine back for a full refund and then waiting until June when Ocarina and Resi evil come out. I also hope by that time this issue will be ironed out.

EDIT: Changed my mind, it's just a tiny scratch and its not visible at all whilst playing.

19. lostdwarf
    OP

United Kingdom
  20. Donald Serrot

Member Donald Serrot GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Thankfully I have a screen protector on mine, I do see two faint lines along my top screen, and no amount of rubbing get's them off. So it would appear to be scratches on my screen protector. As it's only the protector and not my screen I haven't called Nintendo, but I do plan to send something their way about what I'm noticing.