Pokethlon slow down with No$GBA

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by mastaj, May 19, 2010.

May 19, 2010

Pokethlon slow down with No$GBA by mastaj at 2:42 AM (2,547 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. mastaj
    OP

Newcomer mastaj Newbie

United States
    Hey, I'm playing pokemon HG using NO$GBA 2.6a. When I try to do the pokethlon the emulator slow downs so much that its unplayable. Is there a known fix for this? Thanks in advance

2. Poryhack

Member Poryhack GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I haven't heard of this happening to anyone else, so I can't say I know of a fix, but DeSmuMe is an option (assuming it doesn't do the same thing). NO$ is no longer maintained so the chances of a fix on the emulator side are slim to none.

3. mastaj
    OP

Newcomer mastaj Newbie

United States
    Thanks! It works fine in DeSmuMe. Do you just use the default emulator configuration for Pokemon HG on the DeSmuMe? It seems like theres some slowdown in large towns but nothing major.

4. Poryhack

Member Poryhack GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I don't use emulators that often tbh, so I can't help with the settings. DeSmuMe is always somewhat slower than no$ so there might not be much you can do about that. On the other hand it is open source and regularly updated so it makes up for it.