Pokesav B/W and contest stats

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by Game_Master001, Mar 18, 2011.

1. Game_Master001
    OP

Game_Master001 Member

Newcomer
    Dec 9, 2007
    Netherlands
    I know contest stats don't do anything anymore, but I just noticed that in Pokesav B/W it says HP, Attack etcetera. So, just to be sure: it doesn't affect your stats, does it?

2. KazoWAR

KazoWAR GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 12, 2008
    United States
    Winter Haven
    I think you looking tat the EVs

3. Game_Master001
    OP

Game_Master001 Member

Newcomer
    Dec 9, 2007
    Netherlands
    Nope. First is IVs with "all 31", then EVs with both "all 85" and "all 255", and finally contest stats with "all 255". All 3 of them have the 6 stats.

4. KazoWAR

Aug 12, 2008
    United States
    Winter Haven
    Well then I guess who ever translated that pokesav didn't know what they where doing, the contest stats should be labeled as Cool, Beauty, Smart, Cute, And tough.

5. Game_Master001
    OP

Game_Master001 Member

Newcomer
    Dec 9, 2007
    Netherlands
    It's not just a translation error. After all, then there would only be 5 stats, not 6 (HP, both atks, both defs, speed). This is pretty much why I ask it just to be sure: if it was just a translation error (only 5 stats) then I'd immediately be sure. But the existence of a 6th stat makes it different.

6. KazoWAR

Aug 12, 2008
    United States
    Winter Haven
    the 6th stat is Sheen/Feel, it is what is used to tell the game that a Pokemon cannot eat anymore Poke blocks/poffins. each time you feed them a block/poffin 1/2 of the first 5 stats is increased to increase that Pokemon smart, cute, cool, etc and the Sheen/Feel is increased to too, once sheen/feel is maxed out the Pokemon can not eat anymore. this is to prevent people from feeding their Pokemon a million poffins to get max stats in all the areas.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice