Gaming Pokemon

Mantis41

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My son has just turned 6 year and has just gotten into Pokemon. I want to get him a game for his DS.
I have found the following titles.

Pokemon Ranger - series
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon - series

Pokemon Diamond
Pokemon Pearl
Pokemon Platinum
Pokemon SoulSilver
Pokemon HeartGold

Not sure which one would be best for his age. Huge amounts of text are no the best as reading is not one of his strong pionts.

rockstar99

Hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ranger or Mystery Dungeon are simple and dont require much reading
biggrin.gif

Though I think the normal games are also not that hard
tongue.gif

Jemlee

Trophies
Website
www.arwingnet.co.cc
XP
Country
Actually, for his age. pokemon will be a problem.

Unless he loves the show to bits he won't mind consistently losing... because the battle system is fairly advanced... he might get bored if he keeps losing ya noe?

I played when i was 8 then i was fine. but 6? not so sure

agree with rockstar, ranger should be generally easier. though it might be frustrating if he's not fast enough (with the stylus)

rockstar99

Hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Jemlee said:
Actually, for his age. pokemon will be a problem.

Unless he loves the show to bits he won;t mind consistently losing... because the battle system is fairly advanced... he might get bored if he keeps losing ya noe?

I played when i was 8 then i was fine. but 6? not so sure

Posts merged

agree with rockstar, ranger should be generally easier. though it might be frustrating if he's not fast enough (with the stylus)
Actually my 6 year old cousin brother has 32hrs playtime in heart gold and is in kanto
tongue.gif

DarkWay

tsubasa hiroge
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mantis41 said:
My son has just turned 6 year and has just gotten into Pokemon. I want to get him a game for his DS.
I have found the following titles.

Pokemon Ranger - series
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon - series

Pokemon Diamond
Pokemon Pearl
Pokemon Platinum
Pokemon SoulSilver
Pokemon HeartGold

Not sure which one would be best for his age. Huge amounts of text are no the best as reading is not one of his strong pionts.

basically any of the games I've put in bold even if reading isn't his strong point my little sister is 4 years old and can barely read an she enjoys them thoroughly the battle system really isn't that hard either

and I think he'd enjoy these more that the other 2 series

Mantis41

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just gave him soulsilver and he loves it. I am now greeted with loud shouts of 'FIGHT', 'SMOKE SCREEN', and ‘DEFENCE DOWN'. He needed a little bit of help to start off but is now on his way. He is so excited the touch screen is taking a bit of a battering.

I don't think he is getting much of the story line though so I will probably have to help him through some of the critical story line.

Cheers
grog.gif

stuffnflufff

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Mantis41 said:
I just gave him soulsilver and he loves it. I am now greeted with loud shouts of 'FIGHT', 'SMOKE SCREEN', and ‘DEFENCE DOWN'. He needed a little bit of help to start off but is now on his way. He is so excited the touch screen is taking a bit of a battering.

I don't think he is getting much of the story line though so I will probably have to help him through some of the critical story line.

Cheers
grog.gif

Good choice man. I was playing Pokemon in kindergarten. And over the years, as he grows up, it will only become more fun for him, as its a 'true' Pokemon experience whereas Ranger is...well...not so 'Pokemon-eee' lol. AND you got him the best game IMO. (Just make sure when he gets to the Legendary on the front cover [lugia] to save before that way he doesnt kill it and instead catches it hahaha)

Not only that but I think its nice because you can help him, so its something you and your son can do together
biggrin.gif
wish i had that...

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HeartGold or SoulSilver.

My first handheld game was Gold and I loved it. I know that he'll love it as well. Plus, the game is really self-explanitory. As long as he can read, he can play and be good.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think you should get the Pokémon RPG games (Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, Heart Gold, Soul Silver) because all the other Pokémon games include too much text (especially Pokémon Mystery Dungeon).

Mantis41

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In Pokemon SS. Once you have filled up your 6 pokemon slots can you capture anymore? Can you dismiss or change members of your party?

mameks

in memoriam of gravitas
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Mantis41 said:
In Pokemon SS. Once you have filled up your 6 pokemon slots can you capture anymore? Can you dismiss or change members of your party?
Yes. To change his pokemon, he as to go to the poke center, and use the little PC next to the counter.

Blastoise

Trophies
XP
Country
I got my first Pokemon (the real stuff) when I was 8. Id suggest the Ranger series for now whilst he is still young. Once he gets good at reading and doesn't mind doing it too much, get him the proper Pokemon games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Gee, I wonder if the author is biased?