Pokemon Y 'vs Trainer Plates' GARC file

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by TaliOS96, Oct 22, 2016.

1. TaliOS96
    OP

TaliOS96 Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 22, 2016
    France
    Hello ! I'm new in the world of Rom Hacking and the first thing I want to do is to replace Diantha by another champion. So i succeeded to change Diantha's in-battle sprite with Ohana3ds and change the text and his team with pk3ds. When I played it, all worked but I realized that her name appeared at the beginning of the battle like this :

[​IMG]

I just want to change the text "Diantha" but i can't figure how to ; I unpacked with pk3ds the folder a/0/3/5, 'vs trainer plates & battle fade gfx' (source: Kaphotics, Magical, Zhorken). With Ohana3ds I saw the 'vs' sprite and the 'Pokémon League Champion' sprite, but the 'Diantha' sprite was written in japanese x(

upload_2016-10-22_13-32-21.png
    upload_2016-10-22_13-34-51.png

I would like to know where the english sprite is located if it exists, or if I have to change a game text only...

Attached Files:

2. Kaphotics

Kaphotics badc0ded

Sep 10, 2010
    United States
    Unpack the GARC with pk3DS, but don't use the contents of _00, use _02 (english).

GARCs have the ability to be 'multilanguage'. The early versions of tools did not extract the other languages (only the first, Japanese).

edit:
    You're probably using the wrong darc sub-file. Keep poking around.

Last edited by Kaphotics, Oct 22, 2016
  3. TaliOS96
    OP

TaliOS96 Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 22, 2016
    France
    Hmmm... What do you mean by 'the contents of _00' ? What's that ? How do we change the contents used ?
    I know I'm asking a lot of questions, but I'm new and really bad x,( But thanks for helping, that's nice :)