Hacking Pokémon X/Y Dumper and Editor

MGS1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello!Can we use gateway 3DS and 3DS FW 4.5 to hack Pokemon X and Y save files?Which programs i had to use?
thanks!!!
Nope. Not at this time.

Edit: NVM - didn't see that there was another page of posts after this one and the question was answered already

Mikecrowfone

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No you sadly can't, however it COULD be that Gateway will implement save decrypting and re-signing in their next update that is said to come out in the coming weeks, so if you're patient it might be worth the wait

POSSIBLE but not confirmed in any way.

MT-card has demoed that they have a save editor. It might be possible that it would work for pokemon as well.

As for gateway, they might not have save editor in the upcoming release. After all MT-card did have multirom before GW but basically it's just a wait. If MT-card has it, GW will have it, it's just a matter of time.

Kaphotics

badc0ded
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello!Can we use gateway 3DS and 3DS FW 4.5 to hack Pokemon X and Y save files?Which programs i had to use?
thanks!!!

No. The encryption is bad for the <4.5 flashcarts so they're incompatible with Powersaves / Cyber Save editor, and there is no way to edit these save files.

drfsupercenter

Flash Cart Aficionado
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, just a quick question

I have a downloadable/eshop version of Y, is it possible for me to use this program to edit my bag inventory (you know, like giving x999 of one item)?

Or is the only thing you can do inject Pokémon themselves?

drfsupercenter

Flash Cart Aficionado
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I saw in the first post:
If you own Pokémon X/Y in digital format, you can simply get your save file from this directory in your SD card (save files made on Gateway 3DS' EmuNAND are compatible):
For Pokémon X:
X:\Nintendo 3DS\*random value*\*random value*\title\00040000\00055d00\data

For Pokémon Y:
Y:\Nintendo 3DS\*random value*\*random value*\title\00040000\00055e00\data

So I assumed you could do something with it...

Kaphotics

badc0ded
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can extract data, not insert data. (digital)

Digital saves have a different verification (AES MAC type & is verified in the NAND to prevent swapping)

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So what's the point of extracting data if you can't re-inject it? :glare:

We need someone to figure out how to forge signatures :P

Though injection would be nice (or would be if I cared about pokemon) dumping does have a few uses, not many but more than none. The original main one was to figure out shiny values for the trainer so you could match trainers with eggs, the updates blocked the original one there I believe and I have not been paying attention much since that one.

Equally some people seem to like simulators and extracting mons tends to make a slightly more accurate/easy time there.

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
So what's the point of extracting data if you can't re-inject it? :glare:

can't inject it YET. so it is still nice to know things and have them prepare for the future. :)
at the moment it is useful for some people if they want to see there shiny values or ivs or stuff like that
i dumped my game card and got the save out and looked at my data just because i wanted to find out my sid lol

drfsupercenter

Flash Cart Aficionado
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm, I can view IVs with it?

Can I view IVs of the eggs before they hatch? If so, that might be worth something right there. I'm trying to do some IV breeding and hatching them all and talking to the guy that tells you their best stats gets super annoying after a while.

If I can view IVs of eggs using the eshop version, I'm totally interested...

Kaphotics

badc0ded
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm, I can view IVs with it?

Can I view IVs of the eggs before they hatch? If so, that might be worth something right there. I'm trying to do some IV breeding and hatching them all and talking to the guy that tells you their best stats gets super annoying after a while.

If I can view IVs of eggs using the eshop version, I'm totally interested...

Duh, use KeySAV; it does exactly that.

drfsupercenter

Flash Cart Aficionado
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
but what do you do with the unhatched eggs, anyway? we can't release them, am I right?

No, but you can trade them all over to your Gateway and then just delete the save LOL

Certainly easier to trade, say, 30 eggs over wireless than running around with 5 at a time trying to hatch them all.

Reactions: cearp

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/22tVWwmTie8?si=2CEDZldUW5ODozYh meh