Hacking Pokémon X/Y Dumper and Editor

DannyAwesome1104

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
OMG. I actually managed to extract the Pokémon to my laptop. AWESOME! :lol: Sorry, first time ever doing this lol :P. Thank you to gtaking112 for the video. It helped a lot that! :) Now the last step is to find out how to send it back into the PC...OK, time to think! Good luck, guys! :D

Reactions: gtaking112

Caius Gray

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
in the PKX Editor I downloaded, it only shows the person with whom the pokemon came from, not your trainer information.

This is probably because the video tutorial only shows you how to extract PKX data from the INCOMING packets - as in the Pokemon being sent TO YOU when the wonder trade happens.

To have a peek at your own Trainer ID / SID you'll have to instead capture the OUTGOING packet - the Pokemon being sent from you to the other trainer and use the PKX editor to view that packets PKX data.

ness151

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is probably because the video tutorial only shows you how to extract PKX data from the INCOMING packets - as in the Pokemon being sent TO YOU when the wonder trade happens.

To have a peek at your own Trainer ID / SID you'll have to instead capture the OUTGOING packet - the Pokemon being sent from you to the other trainer and use the PKX editor to view that packets PKX data.

I didn't think of that, thank you.

Caius Gray

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
But the OT *is* the one it came from, right? That's sort of what OT means... The OT won't change whether you check the outgoing or incoming packet.

You are aware there are two Pokemon involved in a wonder Trade right? Lol

One packet contains the Pokemon YOU are sending away, the other packet contains the Pokemon the OTHER TRAINER is sending to you. The one you're sending will contain your trainer ID (assuming you caught it), the other one will contain the trainer ID of the trainer who you are in the Wonder Trade with.

I hope this clears things up.

Reactions: Deleted-236924

ness151

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't think of that, thank you.

What would the filter be, do you think? I just traded a ditto, assuming the length of my originating packet would still be the same size as the incoming packet, but it didn't work... I don't think I'm in the correct line of thinking for sending packets.

Caius Gray

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
What would the filter be, do you think? I just traded a ditto, assuming the length of my originating packet would still be the same size as the incoming packet, but it didn't work... I don't think I'm in the correct line of thinking for sending packets.

The guy mentioned in his video that he was having trouble locating the outgoing packet using his method and that he had only extracted incoming Pokemon that way.

It may be that with the virtual hotspot set-up you can't sniff the outgoing Pokemon. At any rate I wouldn't fuss too much over it. Until someone gets passed the checksum issue (or w/e it actually turns out to be) or reveals how the Gible on PP was injected, most everyone can't inject Poke'mon anyway.

Your best bet would be to remove the filter and just check for any packets with the same length. Assuming that the incoming packets are filtered by your ds's mac address, the outgoing packets will have the other guys mac address so I would presume you won't find it with the filter he used in the video.

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
The guy mentioned in his video that he was having trouble locating the outgoing packet using his method and that he had only extracted incoming Pokemon that way.

It may be that with the virtual hotspot set-up you can't sniff the outgoing Pokemon. At any rate I wouldn't fuss too much over it. Until someone gets passed the checksum issue (or w/e it actually turns out to be) or reveals how the Gible on PP was injected, most everyone can't inject Poke'mon anyway.

I haven't watched the video you guys keep talking about, but I'm almost sure that you can get both packets following the instructions of the first post.

Caius Gray

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I haven't watched the video you guys keep talking about, but I'm almost sure that you can get both packets following the instructions of the first post.

Yeah, the first post is the most sure-fire way. What makes the video a bit different was that it was mentioned that you can't sniff the PKX packets while using a virtual Wifi setup, but the video explicitly shows someone doing just that - though it only shows one trade and only shows the dumping of an incoming Pokemon not an outgoing one, so it's not 100% clear what can and can't be done via his particular setup.

AgoraphobicNosebleed

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

If you using his filter from the video try leaving out the mac address part and just use bin.len >= 900. That should allow you to see both pokemon.

If anyone want's I could make a tut on how to do this using just a laptop plugged into your mode via ethernet.

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
If you using his filter from the video try leaving out the mac address part and just use bin.len >= 900. That should allow you to see both pokemon.

If anyone want's I could make a tut on how to do this using just a laptop plugged into your mode via ethernet.

Wow, that method of the video sounds really complicated, I mean, what are the filters even for?

AgoraphobicNosebleed

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Trust me it's not all that hard. Wireshark can use filters so you only see the packets you want. Bin.len >= 900 will only show packets with a length greater than 900 so it's easy to find the data you need.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJewzRHdH8c