Hacking Pokémon X: Vivillon Form Saves

drfsupercenter

Flash Cart Aficionado
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought I'd make a thread just for these saves as they're a bit different from the "hidden distribution" batch.

I've been hard at work over the past couple weeks on these, and I have 12 of the 18 normal forms (smea's hidden ones bring them to 20) - the other 6 can only be obtained with a region exclusive to Europe and/or Japan - I will paste a chart below.

So here's how these work. I started a new game on a Scene copy of Pokémon X (it might also work with Y, I have no idea), named the player Ash and proceeded to catch a male and female Scatterbug before reaching the daycare. I have saved the games while standing in the daycare with the Scatterbugs in the party - so all you have to do is talk to the daycare woman, give her your two Scatterbugs, run around a bit and get some eggs! Then you can trade those back to your real copy of X or Y, hatch them, and viola. You've now got a Scatterbug that's guaranteed to become whatever form Vivillon the save says.

I've personally tested all of these so I can confirm they work. Before getting into the FAQs, here's a link to download these:
http://filetrip.net/folder?F4OAEEnwXg

Now for some FAQs.
Q: So how exactly do the forms work?
A: When you start your game (as in, the first time you insert the cartridge and select your language), it looks at what region your 3DS is currently set to, and assigns you a Vivillon form based on your location. Once you save the game, your form is locked in stone. There is no way to change your form without some sort of hacking (And not even Powersaves supports this at the moment). You can change the location after saving your game for the first time and it will not affect anything. Therefore, you can use these save files from any region without having to worry that it will magically change forms.

Q: Why not just make a save with one Vivillon of each form and distribute that? (Edit: Or why don't I just put these in the already existing "community saves"?)
A: While some people might opt to do this, I stay far, far away from this method because of PIDs - Pokémon Identifiers. The short and sweet explanation is basically this - whenever a Pokémon is "created", either by encountering it in the wild, picking it up from an event, or (in this case) an egg being bred, the game uses its pseudo random number generator to assign it a PID. This affects basically everything about the Pokémon - its gender, ability, IVs, nature, whether or not it is shiny and possibly even more. Because it's a 32-bit integer, there are almost endless combinations that can be created, meaning the possibility of even two people having the *exact same* PID is next to zero. Let alone tons of people having it by downloading a save of this sort. See here for more info.

I will add more questions if anyone asks them.

Now for the list of regions - THIS is the most accurate listing I've come across. It might not be 100% accurate, but it's been accurate for all 12 forms I've used so far.

If somebody with a European or Japanese 3DS + Gateway could do me a huge favor... set your EmuNAND region to one of those in the chart for the missing forms, start a new game using a copy of Pokémon X. Select Male, pick the middle of the 3 people and name your player Ash. Then save it and let me know - I'm happy to pick it up from there and do all the rest of the work preparing it like the rest of these!

Reactions: InsaneNutter

drfsupercenter

Flash Cart Aficionado
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To make this easier on everyone, here are the six forms still remaining.

Elegant (Japan only)
Garden (Europe/Australia only)
Meadow (Europe only)
Monsoon (Japan OR Taiwan)
River (Europe/Australia only)
Tundra (Europe OR Japan)

Japan has two exclusives and can also get Tundra, the rest are exclusive to Europe (except Tundra). Not sure what region India and Africa are in, check the chart if you aren't sure.

drfsupercenter

Flash Cart Aficionado
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys!

Over the past few years, I have gotten PMs asking me if I could convert these saves to SaveDataFiler/JKSM format, since Gateway is a thing of the past and most people don't have the cards anymore.

To be honest, I misplaced mine as well and didn't have a 3DS setup for it anymore, but I finally had a chance to convert these all - with Pokémon Home being out, I was wanting to complete my Home Dex with each Vivillon form and needed the saves again.

Also because FileTrip is gone, the original link no longer works - so to avoid using a filesharing mirror that will eventually be removed, I've uploaded a ZIP to this post that contains all 18 (yes, I did the other six later, after making the OP) Vivillon form saves, extracted with JK Save Manager - ready to go if you use JKSM on your own system. They can be used with SaveDataFiler too, just replace the "main" file of an exported save with one of these.

Enjoy!! And my apologies it took six years to follow up with a non-Gateway version!

Attachments

• Vivillon Forms.zip
    103.5 KB · Views: 219

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.