ROM Hack Pokemon White U doesn't work on Acekard

SuperTrever

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got both Black and White. When going to White it stays at a black screen. When going to Black it loads up just fine. My Acekard is running off of 1.8.6a.

Z

Zorua

1) Are you using a clean rom?

2) Have you turned on Bypass AP?

3) Have you tried formatting using SD Formatter?

SuperTrever

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Zorua said:

A clean rom is like a rom you get directly from the cartridge right? If so then no.
I've tried switching it on and default and tried messing with the save file size and all that.
Right now I'm currently backing up my SD card so I can format it with SD Formatter. Do you have any preferred settings to use when I format my SD card?

Z

Zorua

SuperTrever said:
Zorua said:

A clean rom is like a rom you get directly from the cartridge right? If so then no.
I've tried switching it on and default and tried messing with the save file size and all that.
Right now I'm currently backing up my SD card so I can format it with SD Formatter. Do you have any preferred settings to use when I format my SD card?

No, a clean rom is when you don't patch a rom and run it directly. Use a clean rom and turn AAP on. About the format, just quick format your card using SD Formatter.

SuperTrever

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Zorua said:
SuperTrever said:
Zorua said:

No, a clean rom is when you don't patch a rom and run it directly. Use a clean rom and turn AAP on. About the format, just quick format your card using SD Formatter.
I'm pretty sure it's clean. There was a section on the website I got it from that says the clean roms work for AKAIO. Maybe I just got a bad download? If formatting doesn't work I'll try getting another one. Is there a AKAIO 1.8.6? Because I have 1.8.6a from the acekard website.

Sylar1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Zorua said:
SuperTrever said:
Zorua said:

AAP doesn't need to be on with 1.8.6a

Z

Zorua

SuperTrever said:
Zorua said:
SuperTrever said:
Zorua said:

I'm pretty sure it's clean. There was a section on the website I got it from that says the clean roms work for AKAIO. Maybe I just got a bad download? If formatting doesn't work I'll try getting another one. Is there a AKAIO 1.8.6? Because I have 1.8.6a from the acekard website.

1.8.6a is the latest. Also, these are the file names:

1) Pokemon Black: XXXX-PVN-MX.rar
2) Pokemon White: DSi0125-PWV-MX.rar

Look them up on google and download whichever version you want.

SuperTrever

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Zorua said:
SuperTrever said:
Zorua said:
SuperTrever said:
Zorua said:

File names for what? The roms?

Z

Zorua

SuperTrever said:
Zorua said:
SuperTrever said:
Zorua said:
SuperTrever said:
Zorua said:

Yes. Download whichever one suits you. This is just to make sure that you're using clean roms.

SuperTrever

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just got done formatting and disabled AAP and soft reset. It still doesn't work though. Stays on black screen after trying to load my file up.

Z

Zorua

SuperTrever said:
Just got done formatting and disabled AAP and soft reset. It still doesn't work though. Stays on black screen after trying to load my file up.

Look up the filenames and download any one. Those are clean roms. Use them with AAP enabled and try again.

Also, download this and extract it to "__aio/loaders" directory on your SD card.

SuperTrever

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Zorua said:
SuperTrever said:
Zorua said:
SuperTrever said:
Zorua said:
SuperTrever said:
Zorua said:

Yes. Download whichever one suits you. This is just to make sure that you're using clean roms.
I'll download both even though my Black works fine so far. It might have white screen freezes later on.

SuperTrever

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Zorua said:
SuperTrever said:

Look up the filenames and download any one. Those are clean roms. Use them with AAP enabled and try again.

Also, download this and extract it to "__aio/loaders" directory on your SD card.
Oh, okay. Thank you for all your help so far.(:

Z

Zorua

SuperTrever said:
Zorua said:
SuperTrever said:
Zorua said:
SuperTrever said:
Zorua said:
SuperTrever said:
Zorua said:

I'll download both even though my Black works fine so far. It might have white screen freezes later on.

Also, see what I posted before this. It contains a link to the loaders.

EDIT: You've seen it already. Sorry.

SuperTrever

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Zorua said:
SuperTrever said:
Zorua said:
SuperTrever said:
Zorua said:
SuperTrever said:
Zorua said:
SuperTrever said:
Zorua said:

Just waiting for the roms to finish downloading. (:

SuperTrever

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Zorua said:
SuperTrever said:
Zorua said:
SuperTrever said:
Zorua said:
SuperTrever said:
Zorua said:
SuperTrever said:
Zorua said:

Thank you! it worked just fine! Loads up and everything. I also downloaded an other rom from the same site but from a different link it provided and that worked. So I think the first link was just a broken rom or something... Think I'm gonna keep both roms just in case one has any problems though. Thank you again, you really helped.

Z

Zorua

SuperTrever said:
Zorua said:
SuperTrever said:
Zorua said:
SuperTrever said:
Zorua said:
SuperTrever said:
Zorua said:
SuperTrever said:
Zorua said:

Thank you! it worked just fine! Loads up and everything. I also downloaded an other rom from the same site but from a different link it provided and that worked. So I think the first link was just a broken rom or something... Think I'm gonna keep both roms just in case one has any problems though. Thank you again, you really helped.

No probs! Glad you got it to work!

Chiisuchianu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Giga_Gaia said:
For a clean uncracked rom, Antipiracy Bypass and softreset need to be disabled.
This worked for me.
yaynds.gif
Nothing else worked and I took all the right steps, tried different downloads and MicroSD cards, etc.. Maybe it's because I'm on Acekard 2.1 and everyone else is using Acekard 2i? Anyway, is it safe to play with these options (Soft Reset and Antipiracy Bypass both disabled)?

I hope there are no surprises later while I am far in the game
hate2.gif

Fishaman P

Speedrunner
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
I really don't know.

Pokemon Black works for me (and I guess you too) clean, with Bypass AP off. Everything else is on Default, which means Soft Reset = On.

Maybe try getting the R0M from a different source?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :blink: