Hacking pokemon white 3ds wifi problems

Smiling walrus

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry if this is in the wrong board but i thought this would be the best place for the question.
I have been playing Pokemon White on my Acekard 2i (akaio 1.8.9z) on my 3DS and recently tried to battle over wifi. The problem is that im using WPA2 and although my 3ds is connected to it, pokemon asks for a DS connection. When i try to connect the ds wifi thru pokemon it says "the security settings are not supported by the nintendo ds." I know that ds and ds lite dont support WPA2, but im trying to connect on my 3ds. Can someone please explain how i can play pokemon white online with my 3ds?

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
You have to use WEP for DS games no matter what system you're on. The 3DS runs the DS/DSi games in DS/DSi Mode, which could never use WPA2 connection. So either change your routers security to WEP or figure something else out.

Smiling walrus

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've read that people can connect and play pokemon online with their dsi and 3ds with wpa2. Does it not work because im using a flashcart, or are they just making that up?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I've read that people can connect and play pokemon online with their dsi and 3ds with wpa2. Does it not work because im using a flashcart, or are they just making that up?
Sort of. People not using a flashcart will be running the game in DSi mode on a DSi or 3DS, which supports WPA encryption, but since the CycloDS iEvo is the only flashcart that can run in DSi mode and it's no longer supported, you can't do that with a flashcart.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: We get 37 versions of Super Mario Bros but 0 of Beast Busters