Pokemon Sun Model Files?

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by XBzombieMan1337, Jun 25, 2017.

1. XBzombieMan1337
    OP

XBzombieMan1337 GBAtemp Regular

Mar 22, 2017
    United States
    So, I have just opened a/1/9/5 in my romfs folder of Pokemon Sun with Ohana3DS Rebirth and found many .bin and .cm files. My question is, which of these files are the models ect. ?

Here's a screenshot:

upload_2017-6-24_20-19-39.png

2. Nosrama

Nosrama Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 5, 2016
    France
    You want the model of what ? (Trainers , pokemons....)

3. TCJJ

TCJJ GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 5, 2009
    New Zealand
    New Zealand
    FYI the models aren't just sitting there waiting to be ripped. You have to get the base models, the textures (which you need to manually apply) and the animation coding or whatever to rig the models properly. I'm no 3D modeller and it's been a while since I gave a damn about this, but the point is that it's not as simple as just extracting some files.

4. Wrathalos

Wrathalos GBAtemp Regular

Feb 25, 2016
    United States
    I once did this and lost all my source for it, but I believe 1/9/3 contains all the pokemon model bins, I could be wrong though and I don't feel like decompiling again to find out. Also, the models and textures are in the same bin, but the animations and bones are empty and must be somewhere else so you'll have to manually rig them if that's what you're going for. If you just want to modify the models, you will still have problems with UVs and will have to remake the textures entirely. Model swapping is probably the only easy thing.

TL;DR .bin is the model container files.

EDIT: See this thread: https://gbatemp.net/threads/pokemon-sun-moon-pokemon-animations-textures-and-models.473906/

Last edited by Wrathalos, Jun 25, 2017