ROM Hack Pokémon Silver Yellow

rahnorr

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
As far as i know this does not work on any r4 flashcarts or third party that use r4 software like wood version or such.

I got few flashcarts and my ace3ds,acekart,and r4 dont work.
But android emulators and ds emulators on pc works fine for me.
So dunno what would cause issue unless its an error that a flashcart only sees.

Hopefully they can test it with flashcarts or find the underlying issue with flashcarts or just play game on pc and android.

Edit: tested the acekard with admin settings and disabled dma settings and now it works. With dma settings on game won't work. So turning dma off fixed flashcarts issue.

Apparently all flashcarts and having dma issues with the game why doesn't work.
Still the same issue i disable dma :(

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

can you use this? ARM7 for FLASHCARTS).7z) using a modified patch.
Works fine on other games i tried please

ExaltedEzekiel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This hack looks promising however after playing it for a while, it just feels like it's dead. It feels like Johto was beaten, and now you're in HG and SS kanto and the only point is to beat the gyms and that's it. Maybe I'm not far enough in? But it feels bland, correct me if I'm wrong.

CRiSS_90

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello everyone !
First of all, thank you for all this work, it will remind me (us) my childhood for sure!
Unfortunately, when I run the rom on the emulator "NDS EMULATOR" of my HUAWEI P20 (Android), it does that to me: (attached image)
Can someone help me please?
Because I tried alone via my phone but can not do it ..
Thank you in advance and have a good game!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190201-131514.jpg
    Screenshot_20190201-131514.jpg
    748.7 KB · Views: 597
Last edited by CRiSS_90,

DeadSkullzJr

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone, today I bring forth something that should have already been released a long while ago, it seems though that the original developer behind the hack just up and left. Most of you are aware that the game doesn't run at all on flashcarts, so I decided to go out of my way to fix the problem. So without further ado, here is Pokemon - Silver Yellow Version (v1.1) (technically unofficial but whatever).

Pokemon - Silver Yellow Version (v1.1) Patch:
https://mega.nz/#F!1c5EyAyI!WUz05K5brifdcM0a8Fabig

v1.1 - 09/07/2019 (Updated by DeadSkullzJr)
- Fixed flashcart compatibility
- Added a new game icon and description

Last edited by DeadSkullzJr,

brtatu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello everyone, today I bring forth something that should have already been released a long while ago, it seems though that the original developer behind the hack just up and left. Most of you are aware that the game doesn't run at all on flashcarts, so I decided to go out of my way to fix the problem. So without further ado, here is Pokemon - Silver Yellow Version (v1.1) (technically unofficial but whatever).

Pokemon - Silver Yellow Version (v1.1) Patch:
https://mega.nz/#F!1c5EyAyI!WUz05K5brifdcM0a8Fabig

v1.1 - 09/07/2019 (Updated by DeadSkullzJr)
- Fixed flashcart compatibility
- Added a new game icon and description
Good job bro!! :yaynds: I edited the main page with your content and gave you the credits!
Hello everyone !
First of all, thank you for all this work, it will remind me (us) my childhood for sure!
Unfortunately, when I run the rom on the emulator "NDS EMULATOR" of my HUAWEI P20 (Android), it does that to me: (attached image)
Can someone help me please?
Because I tried alone via my phone but can not do it ..
Thank you in advance and have a good game!
You need to load the .sav file in order to play the game. Find out what save format your emulator uses and convert it.
This hack looks promising however after playing it for a while, it just feels like it's dead. It feels like Johto was beaten, and now you're in HG and SS kanto and the only point is to beat the gyms and that's it. Maybe I'm not far enough in? But it feels bland, correct me if I'm wrong.
There are lots of events on the game outside the GYM. The best one is about Team Rocket and Arceus heheh

Last edited by brtatu,

DeadSkullzJr

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good job bro!! :yaynds: I edited the main page with your content and gave you the credits!

You need to load the .sav file in order to play the game. Find out what save format your emulator uses and convert it.

There are lots of events on the game outside the GYM. The best one is about Team Rocket and Arceus heheh
Didn’t think you’d come back on again lol. No problem, glad I could help!

carranza

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Idk if this is still being updated but I'm using TwiLight menu++ on 3ds and the rom works but once you select a save it just freezes on black screen, I tried loading on desmume and it works perfectly so still has flashcart problems? I patched it with the update deadskullz posted but still no budging sucks cuz I really wanna try out this rom.

DeadSkullzJr

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Idk if this is still being updated but I'm using TwiLight menu++ on 3ds and the rom works but once you select a save it just freezes on black screen, I tried loading on desmume and it works perfectly so still has flashcart problems? I patched it with the update deadskullz posted but still no budging sucks cuz I really wanna try out this rom.
TWiLightMenu issue, it works fine on emulation and flashcarts. Someone else reported this issue a while back, I suggested an AP patch to fix it.

brtatu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello! Long time no see you! I have just uploaded a gameplay video about Arceus, Team Rocket and God's Garden event. Check it out :)

Camara1031

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Sorry for my ignorance, but I can't play it. It says that I didn't read the notes and need to watch a YouTube tutorial. I really want to play it. Thanks

Samuro

Trophies
XP
Country
Paraguay
¿Cómo hago para que corra en el drastic? Si es que se puede saber

Cómo que corra en el drastic si se puede saber porque no veo que aparezca en formato .nds

missigno16

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
hi guys so i have a question, when i start the game, i'm inside a house, and it says that i need to load a .sav file, is it the adobe flash document in the archive, and where do i put it?
thank you and greathings from colombia
great game

hi guys so have a question, i did everything, i patched and that things, and when i open the game, i start inside a house, with you telling me that i need to load a .sav file, first question: is it the adobe flash file in the game archive?, and if it's not, where can i find it?
second question: if i get the .sav, where am i supposed to put it?, i use drastic
thank you and greathings from colombia :)

DeadSkullzJr

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
v1.2 - August 12, 2020
- Restored DSi related information
- Redid the fixes from the previous update more cleanly
- Fixed compression related issues

Miscellaneous Information: (By brtatu)
- Mega evolution details can be found in Victory Road with Lucas (4th gen hero)
- Team Rocket and Arceus event starts at the cave between Route 47 and Cianwood City. You want to play it, trust me! xD

Legendary Pokemon Locations:

Shaymin - Lake of Rage
Mew - Route 25 (Suicune HGSS event)
Suicune - Route 48
Latias - Tohjo Falls
Celebi - Ilex Forest
Regice - Ice Path
Regirock - Ruins of Alph
Registeel - Union Cave
Lugia - Whirl Islands
Ho-Oh - Bell Tower
- Look at the summary of your starter Pokemon.
- Rename the save file to match the name of the patched ROM.
- All the HMs are available (except HM08) and you can fly to Vermilion, Veridian and access Johto in the beginning of the game.
- When starting the game, press play.
- POKÉMON that evolves per trade were edited. They evolve by level (36) or raising them a level using their trade item (like Gligar and Sneasel's method).
- LEAFEON, GLACEON and MAGNEZONE can be obtained using these respective stones, Leaf Stone, Shiny Stone, and Thunder Stone.
- Some basic flying Pokemon had HM moves edited.
- BLASTOISE, CHARIZARD and VENUSAUR can now mega evolve! To know how to do it, defeat Lucas in Victory Road.
- After you beat Misty, go to the Bike Shop to get your bike.
- Talking to Cameron or taking a picture may freeze the game.
- Jumping in the holes in Victory Road will freeze the game.

Camara1031

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
I would like to play this hack so bad, but I don't know how to open it, like do the extracting or anything is saying to do. Why can't it be easy to play? Like just download it and play it!! Sorry if I'm being ignorant, but not everybody knows how to do that stuff.

DeadSkullzJr

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would like to play this hack so bad, but I don't know how to open it, like do the extracting or anything is saying to do. Why can't it be easy to play? Like just download it and play it!! Sorry if I'm being ignorant, but not everybody knows how to do that stuff.
Well you better learn. It's not legal to hand out hacks pre-patched. You need to stop trying to find hands to hold and just learn how to do things, and stop demanding an easy way (even though patching isn't hard at all). You need to do some research (not that hard), and maybe even ask for help instead of giving up before you even budge in knowledge. I have included a read me document for each version that tells you what you need to patch the game with (link to download the patching tool needed) and what you need for the patch itself to work (hash data presented respectively, you can't mess it up). That should be more than enough help to figure it out for yourself. The patching software itself is straight forward.

I swear I grew up patching stuff with command prompt, scripts, etc , people wanted an easier way to do the process, thus born the UI based methods, now we sit in an age where even that is apparently too complex to handle. Really?

My goal isn't to sound rude, but part of me feels like it's a tad ridiculous that people limit themselves from learning stuff, especially considering doing this stuff is easy, stop giving up so damn quickly and apply some effort to learn something, it will be handy later.

Greep

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, I'm having issues with this romhack on Twilight Menu++ and I read DSJ's post above saying he suggested AP patching. I tried that manually, no luck, and AP cheat just white screens. It doesn't seem to work for me. I'm not sure if it's my SoulSilver rom not being a clean dump, or if I should try AP patching before or after applying the hack patch (tried both, didn't work out), or if the .sav is just not working. Maybe I'm just doing something wrong because furthest I can get is to the save file screen before it black screens. I'm guessing it just doesn't work and there's no way around it?

EDIT: Found out I can play the game normally without pre-saved file. But using the .sav causes black screen. Not sure why

Last edited by Greep,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    and good morning everyone
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BakerMan, his partner is Luke
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Sup nerds
    +1
  • Flame @ Flame: