ROM Hack Pokemon shuffle

LoneGrenade

IT Technician/Rookie Coder
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I was also curious about this, I was going to try my hand at it, but thought there might be some checksums to worry about. I don't have any experience with checksums and also have a weird feeling about checking in online after the edits are done.

I'll leave it to someone who knows a little more about getting around the checksums and isn't worried about any repercussions.

EDIT: This thread may have been better off being posted in the ROM hacking section. It doesn't really have anything to do with CFW.

Reactions: PewnyPL

LoneGrenade

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You have to be in emuNAND 9.5 to be able to play it.

I think you misunderstand what he's asking, he wants to know if there's a way to hack the hearts/jewels in the game. Maybe not that specifically, but he wants to be able to modify the save.

I'm not sure what you're getting at.

medoli900

Open the Benzenes;Gate
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I think you misunderstand what he's asking, he wants to know if there's a way to hack the hearts/jewels in the game. Maybe not that specifically, but he wants to be able to modify the save.

PMr7x5X.png

>.>

medoli900

Open the Benzenes;Gate
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica

Yeah, they're asking what save encryption it uses. Don't ">.>" me when you don't know what you're talking about.

I only pointed out that if you need emuNAND 9.5, then it is obvious that it uses at least the 7.x encryption, if not a newer encryption.

shadowofdarkness

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm not that good at save editing with only figuring out a couple changes in Dream Radar before, but I tried on this game and could not figure it out.

I went completely through the save looking for any values that matched my current coins and didn't find any matches.
I also tried comparing before and after saves with a different number of gems but none of the changed bytes matched up with the before and after numbers.

Hopefully someone else can figure it out.

LoneGrenade

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just let me drop this thingy here: http://pastebin.com/4TJAfRe6
...and I'm gone.
Nobody should use this. This code was released almost a month before Pokemon Shuffle came out. You risk corrupting your save if you run this on this game.

I assume this is the ORAS pokemon injection code, this is not what this thread is for.

mid-kid

GBAtemp spamBOT
Trophies
XP
Country
Nobody should use this. This code was released almost a month before Pokemon Shuffle came out. You risk corrupting your save if you run this on this game.

I assume this is the ORAS pokemon injection code, this is not what this thread is for.

It's just an example on how to use the Spider ROP to dump/edit your RAM.
Most of it should work for every game, given that you edit it to change the correct value you want.
I'm aware the thread talks about save editing, but given that you guys just want to edit your hearts/coins values, it's also a possibility.

shadowofdarkness

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It's just an example on how to use the Spider ROP to dump/edit your RAM.
Most of it should work for every game, given that you edit it to change the correct value you want.
I'm aware the thread talks about save editing, but given that you guys just want to edit your hearts/coins values, it's also a possibility.

Also anyone wanting to save edit needs a gateway to decrypt with savedatafiler and would be using emunand which from everything i have read means we are not able to use any ram edits.

mid-kid

GBAtemp spamBOT
Trophies
XP
Country
Also anyone wanting to save edit needs a gateway to decrypt with savedatafiler and would be using emunand which from everything i have read means we are not able to use any ram edits.

Yep, you're right, RAM editing is a no-go on emuNAND classic mode. I've tried it, but the browser does not return to the home menu.
Before I knew that, I tried to make it, and the resulting code is located here: http://pastebin.com/ALtg1DhR (compiled binary)
If anyone wants to test that, here you go. In theory, it should set your heart count back to 5.

As for the save files... I've decrypted some with different heart counts, but the difference between the files is pretty big.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: