1. Michael Morsette

OP Michael Morsette GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Just a little commentary, I bought Pokémon Let's Go Pikachu for the kids and never really checked it out, until this last week. I hadn't realized it was just a reboot of the original Pokemons.

Gotta say it has been a lot of nostalgic fun playing the old game again. The differences definitely give it a new feel... but with the maps being the same, along with so much else, it has really been a walk down memory lane.

Am I the only one that didn't know this was basically a re-release of the original Pokémon games? I guess most of the younger crowd never played the older games to have realized they were the same.

MUDD_BR likes this.
  2. bandithedoge

bandithedoge GBAtemp Regular

Poland
    I personally think about it as a much updated remake. It's got new graphics, a slightly different storyline and overhauled gameplay (no more grinding) which I absolutely love. It's much easier but if I would have to choose between the original and this, I would pick the new one.

3. reddragon105

reddragon105 GBAtemp Regular

I didn't realise either until recently! I feel like, when it was announced, the focus was on the fact that it integrated with Pokemon Go, what with the name 'Let's Go!' and the fact that it came with a Poke Ball accessory. It just didn't seem like it was being marketed as a full Pokemon RPG, never mind a remake of the originals - maybe they thought most people playing it would be too young to care about that!

My nephew has it and I've seen him play it and I've even played a little bit of the demo, but I didn't realise it was a remake until I read an article about it. Is it worth playing if you played Red and Blue the first time around? I haven't played a Pokemon game since the GBA...

4. bandithedoge

bandithedoge GBAtemp Regular

Poland
    Yes the fuck it is. Go play it now. It's perfect whether you played the original Gen 1 or not.

5. Michael Morsette

United States
    It took me a bit to warm up to it. The catching mechanic that replaces the old fighting wild Pokémon I didn't like at first but after giving it an honest go for 45 min I loved it. It provides a nice change of pace between battling trainers and the overall pace of the game is quicker/smoother. Definitely recommend it even if you played the earlier generations.

6. xNerfGun

xNerfGun Member
    Newcomer

United States
    The only thing I didn't like was the forced catching mechanic, replacing the original system. Definitely took my by surprise when I bought it, and almost made me return it. I only didn't because I wanted to truly love the game. I'm still in mt moon, not sure when I"ll pick it up again lol

7. Michael Morsette

United States
    Well that's it for me!

IMG_0082.JPG

I really enjoyed it. Very reminiscent of the original with just enough of a reboot to make it interesting to play again.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Pokémon,