Pokemon Platinum Overworld Sprite Hacking

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by dan80315, Feb 4, 2010.

Feb 4, 2010
  1. dan80315

Member dan80315 GBAtemp Fan

Jun 30, 2009
    United States
    Hi guys, I've been messing around with the sprites and stuff in pokemon platinum so I can get the hang of how to edit them. I finally managed to extract the .poke files with the use of PokeTex and edited them in photoshop as Indexed files with 15 color palette table (+1 with transparency coming up to 16). Everything seems to go well and I uploaded the edited file to Tile Molester and everything seems to go fine. I save the now edited .poke file and upload it into PokeTex only to find all the colors somewhat messed up.

Can somebody tell me what I'm doing wrong :0 Whenever I change the offset in TileMolester to 13300 the colors get all jumbled too (exactly the same colors as in PokeTex). I r lost D: Halp please?

I managed to fix the miscoloring but the sprites are still not in the right places because of the color mapping. How do I see the color mapping of the image on the right when using PokeTex? Seems I can only see/edit the colormapping of the image on the left.

This is what I mean:
    (I know everything is fine with this sprite sheet but with another one, they are all misplaced because of incorrect color mapping or the panel with a bunch of numbers of you will)