Hacking Pokemon Platinum and framerate issues

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I have also realized a lag on my Acekard 2, also on my EDGE.... it is noticeable only if you concentrate, but its nothing really to worry about, IT DOESN'T AFFECT GAMEPLAY.

Aeterna

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Maz7006 said:
I have also realized a lag on my Acekard 2, also on my EDGE.... it is noticeable only if you concentrate, but its nothing really to worry about, IT DOESN'T AFFECT GAMEPLAY.

That's good then. (it not affecting it too much.)
Still, this whole YMMV-business is annoying.

offtopic: You really should buy a normal monitor instead of a 3rd videocard dude.
tongue.gif

david432111

Trophies
XP
Country
kangarookangaroo said:
david432111 said:
kangarookangaroo said:
ummm my r4 plays platinum perfectly fine without lags. so what u are telling me is that the pretty much outdated r4 is better than the acekard?
ohmy.gif
What if someone used ysmenu to load the game? is there still lag then?

ps. is this lag fixable with a future firmware update or is the ak2 not capable of running it smoothly?
It depends on the sd mostly, if it's fast or slow, regular or sdhc etc. But the flash card does make a difference sometimes.

It looks like you have the same memory card as the one i just ordered with an acekard 2 (kingston 2gb). do you have any lags with platinum?
Yes in city's and when browsing the bag, but it doesn't really effect gameplay. If you want absolute full speed run it on an emulator on a decently spec'd pc, or just buy the game and support nintendo.
smile.gif

kangarookangaroo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is there also lag on r4? cuz i use kingston 1gb and have pokemon platinum on it and i don't notice any lag at all. maybe u guys are too picky ^^ lol.

CoconutCake

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You guys should report this on the official Acekard forum, and be loud about it. Maybe they'll fix it.

But judging by past performance, AKAIO is more likely to fix it than AK team.

Trygle12

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Maz7006 said:

It does if you have a lot of items.

Which I am prone to doing.

Silent Storm

Trophies
XP
Country
Right now I think it would be best if we find out if Normmatt and Smiths are considering fixing this issue (if fixable and if they know about it) as it seems acekard don't want to fix it.

I would be very grateful if they did (well right now I am grateful that they made AKAIO lol).

Anhmeister

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Trygle12 said:
I just bought a Copy of Platinum.
tongue.gif

Yeah it is slower.

BTW, I bought it for.... SCIENCE!!!

P.S. Does anyone know of a program that can transfer my current save to my new copy of Pokemon Platinum?

I know there was one for SLOT-2 cards, but I dunno if there is one for SLOT-1 cards.

Try using Rudolph's NDS backup tool, its kind of complicated to get started, but once you do it's really quite simple.

Trygle12

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Bah. I tried Eepinator and savsender. Just says file is corrupted and uses backup save file.

I was under the impression that Rudolph's tool was only to back-up the game itself? I just wanna transfer my AK2 save file to my copy of Platinum.

Zylon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have not noticed any slowdown yet, when playing Pokemon Platinum using an AceKard 2 and a class 4 sdhc card.
Does this happen in big cities later on? or throughout the game?

Anhmeister

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rudolph's tool will allow you to transfer your save files to the legit copy of Platinum, while I haven't tried that game specifically, it has worked for me in other games.
Also, just a thought, is your save a 1MB save? If it's not that might be your problem.

kangarookangaroo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Zylon said:
I have not noticed any slowdown yet, when playing Pokemon Platinum using an AceKard 2 and a class 4 sdhc card.
Does this happen in big cities later on? or throughout the game?

Have you reached Jubilife city yet? I am pretty sure that is the busiest city with a lot of stuff and its one of the biggest cities in the game. If you DID reach Jubilife, is it lagging there? if it doesnt lag in jubilife, it should be good throughout the whole game (except maybe the battle frontier)^

Trygle12

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Anhmeister said:
Rudolph's tool will allow you to transfer your save files to the legit copy of Platinum, while I haven't tried that game specifically, it has worked for me in other games.
Also, just a thought, is your save a 1MB save? If it's not that might be your problem.

hate2.gif
It's raw format....

So it ends up 512KB.
Should I force it to 1 MB?

I think I am not overwriting the back-up save as well. >_>

I'll give up if forcing 1MB doesn't work. Too much hair lost already XD

Also, I am also using Rudolphs tool, it writes O.K., but it doesn't overwrite the backup savedata as well. So it does nothing. :[

lol, I've had it. You win Nintendo. You win Gamefreak.

I guess I should have never run your game ROM.
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Overclock your PS3!!! lol