Pokemon Let's Go will have specific requirements in order to fight Gym Leaders

tQY1AgH.png

Since the announcement of Pokemon Let's Go: Eevee and Pikachu, fans have been debating and contesting a lot of the changes this spinoff entry seems to be making. From the Pokemon Go integration, to the new way to capture Pokemon, and more, there's been no doubt that this game is trying to differentiate itself from the mainline titles. Now, according to a new update post on the Japanese Pokemon site, there's a new feature in regards to Gym Battles. Now, players can only pass when they meet set requirements. These range from having a certain Pokemon type, level, and other specifications.

It's not entirely explained if you only have to show these types of Pokemon to get through the door, or if you need to keep the Pokemon in your party throughout the Gym fight. But it certainly is a shake-up to the formula that could potentially get in the way of beloved Nuzlockes and other self-imposed challenges, like monotype runs. We'll be sure to keep you updated if more information is announced.

Ampersound

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If i have to randomly crouch in a Zelda game and cast a random spell, only for a tornado to randomly appear and take me where i need to go.. that's one thing. Mainly just extermely poor game design.
Not being able to beat a gym leader because i didn't listen to everyone yelling about type advantages, playing stupidly or not training enough is something completely different.
I'd say the good old principle of "show, don't tell" applies here as well. If i get screwed because i use the wrong pokemon type, it would only make sense to try a different approach... ooor have a listen to what the trainer school people are saying etc.etc.
Kids aren't stupid, but they might become the next generation of stupid pokemon GO players if their brain cells aren't challenged at least a tiny bit from the people at gamefreak (or other devs for that matter).

dogmarch

Potato Warrior - Anti Zombie
Trophies
XP
Country
I saw in a twitter post about a famitsu interview or something that said they removed wild battles because they think some people find it too difficult to capture pokes or something. lol

Navonod

Luigi from Luigi's Mansion
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If this is hand holding then all the other games have some form of hand holding. Half or more of the HMs are handed to you, a few Pokemon are just handed to you. In Pokemon Yellow double kick was learned by the Nido line earlier and all the starters were handed to you. Wally had to catch his Ralts. He is the real MVP.

nebbyisgay

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It would be interesting if they tiered the requirements for a challenge such as in a "lunatic" playthrough it would require you to trying to beat a gym with only type disadvantages or be underleveled. Not going to happen but it would be interesting.

Navonod

Luigi from Luigi's Mansion
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It would be interesting if they tiered the requirements for a challenge such as in a "lunatic" playthrough it would require you to trying to beat a gym with only type disadvantages or be underleveled. Not going to happen but it would be interesting.
I could see that being a future mod or hack.

Vieela

GBATemp's official thinker™
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
The new interview revealed that you have two ways of leveling up your pokémon: battling the pokémon around the area or literally mailing the pokémon to the professor so they can give it candies. I am truly impressed.. this game will be too easy it seems ):

Bisk8

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
If it was for the vita they would do a visual novel instead, for the kids not to get lost
When I played the blue version when it came out, I really had no problem completing the game and I had really little understanding at english by the time I played it
They could make the game even more complex than it was when RBY released and the kids nowadays would beat it with no problem at all
I can see that through my son who has way better understanding at all gaming and computing stuff that I had with his age
But that's the route that the gaming industry has taken

Nevilleboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
This is only a spin off game and this type of stuff will be fun for the age group its aimed at, kids.
I myself will be waiting to the mainline games come out next year

Sorry, but it's not a Spin-Off. At the presentation they mean Let's Go Pikachu and Eevee are a Main Game.

But they have specific requirements in order to fight Gym Leaders, a little sad something. I want to decide which Pokémon i use to fight.

Nonetheless, both titles are bought as a bundle and ripped through.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: you can't turn link into a femboy in tears of the kingdom