Pokemon hacks suggestions?

Durelle

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm looking for a decent hack/mod to play can be GBC/GBA/NDS/ just not PC. Trying to keep it handheld.

I just played through Pokemon liquid crystal, but I want something original or even challenging for nuzlocke runs.

Durelle

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
For lulz: Pokemon Snakewood
Good from what I remember: Ruby Destiny, Pokemon Prisim
Lol never heard of snakewood, and if it's for lulz I'm assuming it's a bit trolly . Never heard of ruby destiny and I beat prism.

-edit-
Oh dear zombie apocalypse Pokemon with fakemon. I might just have to try it lmao

Last edited by Durelle,
Reactions: Chary

Chary

Never sleeps
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
Lol never heard of snakewood, and if it's for lulz I'm assuming it's a bit trolly . Never heard of ruby destiny and I beat prism.

-edit-
Oh dear zombie apocalypse Pokemon with fakemon. I might just have to try it lmao
Ruby Destiny might just be like the set of hacks made by one dude. I think it was destinedjagold who made them or something? It's been like a decade since I really looked into romhacks, but they were big on Pokecommunity.

Snakewood is hilarious, with bad fakemon, cringey dialogue, and lots of zombies. Definitely worth a try if you want to laugh.

Durelle

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ruby Destiny might just be like the set of hacks made by one dude. I think it was destinedjagold who made them or something? It's been like a decade since I really looked into romhacks, but they were big on Pokecommunity.

Snakewood is hilarious, with bad fakemon, cringey dialogue, and lots of zombies. Definitely worth a try if you want to laugh.
Yeah I'll definitely put it on my list to try.

zfreeman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FireRed: Rocket Edition for GBA
In Pokémon FireRed: Rocket Edition, you will cheat, lie and steal your way to the top as you engage with the thriving gang scene of the Kanto region. Featuring a story that takes place at the same time as the original FireRed, Rocket Edition will play with your expectations and allow you to experience the classic story from a whole new perspective. Along your journey, you will unravel secret conspiracies, explore a side of Kanto you’ve never seen before, engage with familiar characters in unfamiliar situations – and, most importantly: steal their Pokémon!

Prism v0.94 Build 0229 for GBC
This is the story of Prism, the son/daughter of Lance. After playing in his uncle’s mine cart in an unidentified region, it somehow spins out of control and ends up in the region of Naljo. Naljo is a developing region bent on the dream of purist industrialization. After finding a lost Larvitar, Prism must collect the eight Naljo badges while fixing all that is wrong with this corrupted region.
  • New region of Naljo (bigger than Johto)
  • Return of the region of Rijon
  • 252 Pokemon to find coming from all four generations
  • New music
  • New types: Fairy, Gas and Sound
  • New TM/HM set
  • Gold Token system - save them up and get something good. Can you find all 80 of them?
  • Four crafting Skills
  • Side Scrolling areas
  • New mini-games

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I'm looking for a decent hack/mod to play can be GBC/GBA/NDS/ just not PC. Trying to keep it handheld.

I just played through Pokemon liquid crystal, but I want something original or even challenging for nuzlocke runs.
Pokemon Cock Version :P
Pokemon Diamond (terrible cringy translation but can be amusing)
Pokemon Vietnamese Crystal

Ricken

Searching for the air to breathe~
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sacred Gold/Storm Silver and Blaze Black/Volt White (2) are all rather challenging, I'd absolutely recommend them
Neo X/Y is another I'd definitely recommend but that's 3DS

EDIT; Oh you have a 3DS, I guess that doesn't stop you then
EDIT2; I personally really enjoyed Pokemon Glazed

Last edited by Ricken,

Durelle

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sacred Gold/Storm Silver and Blaze Black/Volt White (2) are all rather challenging, I'd absolutely recommend them
Neo X/Y is another I'd definitely recommend but that's 3DS

EDIT; Oh you have a 3DS, I guess that doesn't stop you then
EDIT2; I personally really enjoyed Pokemon Glazed
I saw a few things about Pokemon glazed but there's a few versions of it. Is the story good? I haven't looked into 3ds hacks but I'm sure it can't be that hard to do to patch. Does Neo have a decent story or is it the same as vanilla?

Ricken

Searching for the air to breathe~
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I saw a few things about Pokemon glazed but there's a few versions of it. Is the story good? I haven't looked into 3ds hacks but I'm sure it can't be that hard to do to patch. Does Neo have a decent story or is it the same as vanilla?
Glazed is actually a GBA romhack. Just a warning, if you plan to play it as a .cia inject, you have to save twice in the exact same position for your game to actually save properly. I really enjoyed the story on it
Neo XY has a modified story, I don't remember it being anything "OMG AMAZING" but it's not bad

Durelle

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Glazed is actually a GBA romhack. Just a warning, if you plan to play it as a .cia inject, you have to save twice in the exact same position for your game to actually save properly. I really enjoyed the story on it
Neo XY has a modified story, I don't remember it being anything "OMG AMAZING" but it's not bad
I'd probably play glazed on my Vita instead of my 3ds.
I'll look into Neo tomorrow morning. I'm halfway through Earthbound, so I'll pick a rom hack after I'm done that. I just want something enjoyable. I finished insurgence a month ago and lilov it, but I doubt such quality and content has been done in a rom hack

Reactions: Ricken

MegaGenesis

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I used to play a lot of GBA Pokémon rom hacks in my pre-teen years, so i don't know much about newer stuff, but i would recommend Pokémon Prism (GBC) and Pokémon Ash Gray (GBA).
I know this one gets a bit of laugh nowdays, but there's Pokémon Light Platinum (GBA). I remember when i played the beta 3 version, the latest version is prerry much complete with two regions, 16 badges and 3 leagues.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.