Pokemon: Fire Red - gpSP Issue

Discussion in 'PSP - Hacking & Homebrew' started by Nathan Drake, Apr 3, 2011.

Apr 3, 2011
  1. Nathan Drake
    OP

Member Nathan Drake Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.

Antarctica
    I'm using the version of gpSP I got from the wiki article here: http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/Emulation_on_PSP

Basically, I'm having terrible black screen issues with Pokemon: Fire Red. What I mean by black screen is that the music keeps playing, but I hit a permanent black screen. First, it kept black screening after entering my name. I changed an option to auto (I believe it was something to do with the back up data option) and made it past the name screen, though that may have just been a coincidence. I made it to the point where I picked my starter, nick named it, and then black screened again. I guess the game doesn't like me naming things.

I'm using the (U) version of the game. Is there any way to fix this? Does anybody who has it working perfectly want to either tell me their settings or give me their .cfg for the game?

I'm going to also let you know that it isn't the fault of cheats. I have none and even deleted the cheats folder just in case. No difference.
    Edit: Sorry for my, what seems like, many PSP related threads. I would consolidate all of the issues into one thread if they were related. Most of them are pretty different though.

EDIT 2: Well, it appears to be working. I figure it might just be an error with the naming screen, so as long as I avoid nicknaming my Pokemon, I shouldn't have anymore problems. Just beat the second gym with no black screens since the very beginning.