pristinemog

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I was playing Pokemon Pearl version in school the other day with my friends when I noticed that their retail copies actually took the same time to save as the old GBA/GBC/GB Pokemon games. The Pokemon Pearl on my R4, however, takes but a little more than a second. My friends flipped out over my lightning save speed
rofl2.gif
. Anyone else notice this?

D

Deleted User

Am I the only one that experiences random crashes in this game with R4? I also get crashes with CakeMania ... but that's for another topic I guess.

Fieryshadowz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Am I the only one that experiences random crashes in this game with R4? I also get crashes with CakeMania ... but that's for another topic I guess.

yea sometimes my M3 crashes.. rarely.. but it happens..

I was playing Pokemon Pearl version in school the other day with my friends when I noticed that their games actually took the same time to save as the old GBA/GBC/GB Pokemon games. The Pokemon Pearl on my R4, however, takes but a little more than a second. My friends flipped out over my lightning save speedÂ
rofl2.gif
. Anyone else notice this?

yea i bought a retail Pearl.. and it was slow to save.. while on my M3 it saves sooo fast i love it ^^

D

Deleted User

yea sometimes my M3 crashes.. rarely.. but it happens..

Hmmm ... okay, I don't feel so bad then. I guess it happens rarely, but enough for me to get frustrated. Usually happens after a battle. Like, I'd load ... do the same battle again, and it crashes again ... and I'm like
cry.gif

Oh well, but yeah, the saving speed is fast. Which is nice I suppose. In general I think, for most games ... the save speed is faster than normal.

reilina

just a neophyte...
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you using a cheap microSD, it takes time to save.
i tested it with supercard and kingston(jap and china)
the jap was faster and i never experience crashing in
game, while the china is the exact opposite it crash to
me twice.

iwakura

HHNNNNNNGGGG
Trophies
Website
flashcartreviews.com
XP
Country
United States
if you using a cheap microSD, it takes time to save.
i tested it with supercard and kingston(jap and china)
the jap was faster and i never experience crashing in
game, while the china is the exact opposite it crash to
me twice.

i guess that means the rumor that Castlevania was only programmed wrong is false. i doubt pokemon would be so flawed to have the same thing.

but i've never experienced a crash, and it saves lightning fast.

HOWEVER, i also own an EzFlashV and Ewin2, both ALSO using jap kingston, and they save much slower! its not just the microSD, its the cart as well. =] thank god i have an R4 too.

D3R3LIC7

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
Well I used to use DS-X and damn the R4 saves SOOOO much faster... When your "saving a lot of data", the DS-X takes maybe 2-4 clock rotations.. On my R4, it takes less than 1

flanker22

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
its cause the write speed on the micro sd cards are faster than on the flash memory on the official carts. the official carts probably have cheap flash memory.

HBK

Clover - Fearless to Speak Now. ;)
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Access times are much faster for MicroSD cards than retails ones, because, as stated correctly by flanker22, flash memory takes a lot longer to be written to than normal write operations on a permanent (like a computer's HD) storage device. And vice-versa for reading. That's why retail carts load faster than flashcards.

yukine

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've noticed the R4 save quicker than retail copies of game, it's just another great reason to own an R4. Especially if you're like me, and only keep games on it that you actually own in cart form (that way I don't have to take 30+ DS games when I go on a trip.)

thegame07

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Access times are much faster for MicroSD cards than retails ones, because, as stated correctly by flanker22, flash memory takes a lot longer to be written to than normal write operations on a permanent (like a computer's HD) storage device. And vice-versa for reading. That's why retail carts load faster than flashcards.

well my n-card saves pokemon instantly, The n-card uses flash memory so nintendo shouldn't have a problem with making Pokemon save faster
unsure.gif

Fat D

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
less than half a cycle on my R4. however, when it gets to europe, I'm going to need a retail cart for PBR. on the other hand, I've heard it isn't really worth it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9PJJRe1g2Y