Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Pokemon: Chrome Edition

pokemonchrome.png

Box art done by iRyahn

Hello! My name is Reno or as my username suggest bobwuzhere1224, and this is the re-starting of my original hack I was making in August of last year, until I had to quit because I was dealing with the grievance of my brother who passed away around Thanksgiving and as such I kinda fell out of it. Now with some encouragement and general interest again, I've decided to pick it back up.

What makes Pokemon: Chrome Edition different from other B/W Hacks? Well, unlike other hacks which stick all 649 Pokemon into it raise the levels and edit stats, Pokemon: Chrome Edition stands by the nature of the original B/W games and simply includes all 157 Unova Pokemon obtainable in-game before the E4. All trainers get an Team Boost, whether it be improved levels or new pokemon all together.

Pokemon: Chrome Edition, also introduces a new gimmick to help further set it apart from other hacks, behold:
Pokemon who Evolve into Legendary Pokemon!
They are as follows:
-Karrablast -> Lvl. 17 Escavalier - >Lvl. 36 Genesect
-Minccino ->Lvl. 17 Cinccino ->Lvl 36 Victini
-Mienfoo ->Lvl. 17 Mienshao ->Lvl 36 Meloetta
-Vullaby ->Lvl. 24 Mandibuzz ->Lvl. 40 Tornadus
-Rufflet ->Lvl 24 Braviary ->Lvl. 40 Thundurus
-Golett ->Lvl. 30 Golurk ->Lvl. 45 Landorus
-Deerling ->Lvl. 24 Sawsbuck->Thunder Stone Cobalion
-Deerling ->Lvl. 24 Sawsbuck->Fire Stone Terrakion
-Deerling ->Lvl. 24 Sawsbuck ->Leaf Stone Virizion
-Deerling ->Lvl. 24 Sawsbuck ->Water Stone Keldeo

The Starters for Pokemon: Chrome Edition have been changed from the trio of Snivy, Tepig, and Oshawott to Karrablast, Minccino, and Mienfoo, respectively. To avoid the trouble of Balancing the first 2 Rival Battles inside your bedroom, I chose to leave Cheren and Bianca's choices unedited. However in their Next Rival battles from there on out they will have their Old Starter and New Starter as well.
Examples of the Opening Battle against Bianca in your room!
PokemonChrome_Backup_31_10655.png
PokemonChrome_Backup_44_9913.png
PokemonChrome_Backup_50_10325.png

The Gift Monkey you receive from the Little Girl in the Dreamyard has been changed to award you a Deerling.
Future Muskedeer to be abused!
PokemonChrome_14_29172.png
PokemonChrome_20_29388.png

Random Screenshots as I go along and edit!
PokemonChrome_58_11635.png
PokemonChrome_16_12282.png

Tools Being used to hack this Rom:
Pokemon White (U) Rom!
Twistedfatal's Toolbox for Black and White
NetalZero's Wild and Starter Pokemon Editor
Andibad's Pokemon Rom Changer
Various hex editing and Narc file tools
Advice and Wisdom of More Experienced Hackers to help me get the hang of this

People I wish to thank:
Drayano for knowing so much about this stuff that he makes it easy to understand
Twanny-Bizzle The Bandit for helping me take my ideas and focusing them better.
And the many of members of GBAtemp for allowing me the chance to present my work.

Planned Features:
Item Changes
Possibly Sprite replacements, if I learn how

Changelog thingy?
Patch 0.2 Released!
Fully Edited Up to Pinwheel Forest Outside and Lenora's Gym Battle!

Patch 0.1 Released!
Fully Edited Up to The Dreamyard Grunts Battle and Striaton Trio Battle!

Lastly the link to the Patch. This patch is Patch 0.2!
If you do decide to take the Trial for a Quick run, I do appreciate any feedback in a PM about what you think.

/catchbreath

Reactions: 1 person

Twanny Bizzle-Th

Trophies
Somewhere pulling my pants up. I need a belt. :\
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Yo, bob. So, I see that you've finally put it up...That's really good, man. Real good to see.

Tho, you should probably, at least, think about putting up some screenies showing what you've done. I know I'm not the one to talk, when pertaining to screenshots, seeing how the ones I put up on my thread suxs, but I'm just saying that's all.

Also, since it seems that you learnt the ways of moveset editing. LOL

Could you give Wailord Earth Power or whatever. Wailord's a big Pokemon, so it seem like it should be able to perform something like that. And no, it's doesn't learn it on my game. Just a request from me to you.

Oh, and thanks for the shoutout in your post.

bobwuzhere1224

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
@Koopa: Yea Breloom, Camerupt, and Wailord will each have a egg move that's a wild card, So Wailord could have Earth Power.

@Holified:I'm not entirely shure what you are asking, but stat changes will be for every Unova Pokemon in some way.

Holified 2x

Trophies
Website
tezzytuffstufffind.squarespace.com
XP
Country
United States
bobwuzhere1224 said:
@Koopa: Yea Breloom, Camerupt, and Wailord will each have a egg move that's a wild card, So Wailord could have Earth Power.

@Holified:I'm not entirely shure what you are asking, but stat changes will be for every Unova Pokemon in some way.
Im asking for a Special Defensive buff up Volcorona / Always have the nature Modest sense i doubt anybody use him for psychical attacks plus an increase in speed so it wont always get KO by quick flying/bug types

iRyahn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wailmer will definitely be one of the most forgotten starters I think. Maybe boost it's stats either to be a huge tank since he definitely looks the part? Anyways good luck with this hack! ^^

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIpfWORQWhU