ROM Hack Pokemon Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl Cheat Database

david_enoh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone come across an issue when trying to play from both the cfw switch and regular switch? I tried to connect but I’m getting the system version do not match error.

I receive the error, " Your software version does not match that of the other console. Please connect the consoles and match your software versions" when i try to cross play from my PKMN Diamond on my CFW Switch to my PKMN Pearl Non-CFW Switch.

Is there a way to spoof this system check?

Last edited by david_enoh,

Alfxnso

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Not sure if this has been reported yet, but the shiny code will only work in the grand underground if you hold L prior to entering the wild Pokémon rooms. If you hold L while in the room it will NOT make shiny Pokémon appear. Holding L BEFORE you enter the room will make ALL Pokémon shiny that are in the room.

After entering the room while holding L, holding the L button is not required to encounter shinies.
I have version 1.1.0 And cant get shinys :( L in keyboard or L equivalent into game?

Alfxnso

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Not sure if this has been reported yet, but the shiny code will only work in the grand underground if you hold L prior to entering the wild Pokémon rooms. If you hold L while in the room it will NOT make shiny Pokémon appear. Holding L BEFORE you enter the room will make ALL Pokémon shiny that are in the room.

After entering the room while holding L, holding the L button is not required to encounter shinies.
I have version 1.1.0 And cant get shinys :( L in keyboard or L equivalent into game?

Mahesh

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone come across an issue when trying to play from both the cfw switch and regular switch? I tried to connect but I’m getting the system version do not match error.

I receive the error, " Your software version does not match that of the other console. Please connect the consoles and match your software versions" when i try to cross play from my PKMN Diamond on my CFW Switch to my PKMN Pearl Non-CFW Switch.

Is there a way to spoof this system check?
You can always update the lower one to match the current one via Local Update, no need to connect to internet or anything, it's all over their local connection

Falo

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Because they both use register B
The register only modifies the address, so unless another code writes anything to r11 it would not affect the codes at all.
Can anyone explain or figure out why these cheats don't work together (Brilliant Diamond v1.1.1) in v1.1 both cheats worked well together?

If you enable one of them separately then they work fine, but when you try to use them together then only the 100% Catch rate cheat works ?
The reason is simple, the 100% catch rate code does not patch the catch rate.

It works by patching the Masterball check, so the game thinks that you did throw a Masterball.
The Masterball is hardcoded to never trigger a critical catch and always has 3 "yure" (ball shaking).

revzyx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone know an easy to way let the NPC give you Mew and Jirachi on a Homebrew Switch?
That isn't installing SW/SH LETSGOEEVEE/PIKA as I don't wanna waste my Storage.

Someone please let me know.

- Rev

pokeopolis420

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I've noticed that the Instakill Cheat (ZR) doesn't work correctly. Can anyone here explain if there's a right way to use it? If not, is there a fixed code for this?

Stallone

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, can we disable the capture of legendary Dialga Palkia for shiny hunting after clearing the game? Cheat or pkhex is fine, thanks!

joshj5hawk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone know an easy to way let the NPC give you Mew and Jirachi on a Homebrew Switch?
That isn't installing SW/SH LETSGOEEVEE/PIKA as I don't wanna waste my Storage.

Someone please let me know.

- Rev
I THINK you can install, make a save file, then delete the game and keep the save file. I'm not 100% sure on this but may be worth a try. Or maybe you can just find some save data online?

revzyx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I THINK you can install, make a save file, then delete the game and keep the save file. I'm not 100% sure on this but may be worth a try. Or maybe you can just find some save data online?
That would still mean I gotta install like, what, 20GB first just to delete it. Surely there's a better way

Mahesh

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Haven't tried yet, but I have seen a post where an emulator player put in the game ID folders in their contents folder for the games that give those pokemon, and that triggered the NPC to give. Maybe I'll test it on the actual switch later.

DuhNinja

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The register only modifies the address, so unless another code writes anything to r11 it would not affect the codes at all.

It works by patching the Masterball check, so the game thinks that you did throw a Masterball.
The Masterball is hardcoded to never trigger a critical catch and always has 3 "yure" (ball shaking).
Thanks for the explanation. So is there anyway to get both cheats to work ?

Cr4nkSt4r

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
So I've noticed that the Instakill Cheat (ZR) doesn't work correctly. Can anyone here explain if there's a right way to use it? If not, is there a fixed code for this?
Use ZR as A button replacement when choosing your attack. maybe hold a sec after clicked with ZR on the attack. Then, even when the Pokemons HP doesn't get to 0, the Pokemon is fainted. But if you are fighting vs trainers with more than two Pokemon, make sure to use it on the last two ones or have the earlier mons HP reach 0.
If fainted with this cheat and the Pokemon has still HP left, the trainer will reuse this "fainted" Pokemon and you'll softlock yourself.

And you can always edit codes with Hold/press buttons to on/off codes, just look some pages back, there should be a post from myself. But in this thread, this was explained pretty often, so you should be able to find any post.

Reactions: pokeopolis420

OblivionReign

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan

Thats what i was referring to. They both use reg B as he mentioned why when he use both they dont work but one at a time they do. Then your second answer also comes into play.

Falo

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Thats what i was referring to. They both use reg B as he mentioned why when he use both they dont work but one at a time they do. Then your second answer also comes into play.
https://github.com/Atmosphere-NX/Atmosphere/blob/master/docs/features/cheats.md

The register does NOTHING, unless another cheat writes anything to it.
For Code Type 0x0, the register is "read only", nothing is written to it, so both codes work correctly no matter what register you choose.

Code:
[test1]
040F0000 00123456 00654321
[test2]
040F0000 00654321 00123456
translates to:
Code:
write32(Main + 0x0000123456 + r15, 0x654321);
write32(Main + 0x0000654321 + r15, 0x123456);
both codes work without fail, because r15 is by default 0, but if you write a code like this:

Code:
[test1]
040F0000 00123456 00654321
[Master Code On]
400F0000 00000000 09999999
[test2]
040F0000 00654321 00123456
then it would translate to this:
Code:
write32(Main + 0x0000123456 + r15, 0x654321);
write_reg32(r15, 0x0000000009999999);
write32(Main + 0x0000654321 + r15, 0x123456);

the first code would work correctly, the second would not, and all codes that use r15 after the master code would fail.

Reactions: Deadqool

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    :wacko: rolling?
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    make up his mind dude
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Go gay there I made up his mind
    :rofl2::tpi::rofl2: I meant his eyes :tpi::rofl2::tpi:
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    :toot:blow me then @K3Nv2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah I'm straight but you're more than welcome to blow ancientboi
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    LOL, which straight person does not make gay jokes?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm straight but we can whack dicks together
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    nah, I'm gud over here, no need for sword fights

:glare:
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Dick slang
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    See ancientboi already has a crush on you
    [brings my ⚔️ ] On Guard :D:evil::wub:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Looks more like a dagger to me
    Pffffft I have a crush on everybody
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I see no problem, unless i happen to grow another gender one day. Too bad it ain't now
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Thought you already had both hotswappable gender fluid
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Enjoy whatever life chucks your way

:teach:
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Deeze nuts
    Dem Nutz
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    'Em nutters
    M&M nutz
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Slim anus nutter
    :unsure::unsure::unsure: I might go buy them M&M w/nuts. I gotta go out to pay the rent anyway
    +1
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :unsure::unsure::unsure: I might go buy them M&M w/nuts. I gotta go out to pay the rent anyway +1