Hardware Emulator Pokemon black isn't saving

DSousa96

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
So, lately, I've been playing all the past pokemon games. I've played, Red, Yellow, Silver, Crystal (on Lameboy for 3ds), ruby, emerald, firered, platinum and SoulSilver.
When I started to play pokémon black, I went all the way up to the first gym without saving it. After that, I got bored and saved the game and turned off my console.
Today, when I went to play a bit, I realized that the game wasn't saved. My guess was that I didn't saved before, so I made a test, saved the game after the battle again Cheren and Bianca and restarted the game. Now I'm sure that I saved the game, but... The game file wasn't there to be loaded. I've been playing it on my R4SDHC Dual-Core cartridge, and ONLY with Pokemon Black this happens, I played as I said before, other NDS games without a problem.

What can I do to play this version of the game without any problems?

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Apparently this is a common problem on clone R4's when playing Black/White, Black 2/White 2 and some others. Not sure how up-to-date this is, but quick Search-fu pulled this up - a bit of busy work, but hey, it should let you save.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/solution-for-pokemon-black-white-on-r4-clones-others.282020/

Chances are you won't need any firmware swaps, stick to yours since it works (clones can be picky, always backup your working firmware), you just need a working .sav file which can be loaded/overwritten by your cart.

Before you go through all this rigmarole you may want to try just changing the save file size in firmware, it's a quick change in the settings.

Reactions: DSousa96

DSousa96

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Apparently this is a common problem on clone R4's when playing Black/White, Black 2/White 2 and some others. Not sure how up-to-date this is, but quick Search-fu pulled this up - a bit of busy work, but hey, it should let you save.

Chances are you won't need any firmware swaps, stick to yours since it works (clones can be picky, always backup your working firmware), you just need a working .sav file which can be loaded/overwritten by your cart.

Before you go through all this rigmarole you may want to try just changing the save file size in firmware, it's a quick change in the settings.
I actually tried it, and after 2 hours it finally worked. Thanks!!!

Reactions: gelderm and Foxi4

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol