Pokemon AS Save extraction + injection

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by Fil o_O, Feb 13, 2016.

1. Fil o_O
    OP

Fil o_O GBAtemp Regular

Dec 8, 2014
    Gambia, The
    Hey you guys! I hope some adept can help me find my way through that scene-jungle.

I have done some googleing beforehand (obviously) but I cannot find the right answer for me. As the title suggests, I am looking to do the following:

I have a legit copy of Alpha Sapphire that has a save that I don't want to lose. This specific copy of Alpha Sapphire cannot be recognised by the Powersaves decive/software. I am highlighting this because: If it could be recognised, then I would simply follow a guide that explains how to do what I want to do.

What I want to do: I want to extract that save file from the Cartidge/dumped version of the game preferrably onto a *.3ds file that I will then put on a sky3ds. I don't intend to ever go online again with that game.

I own two New 3ds consoles. One is on the latest 10.5 firmware. The other one is on 9.0 and runs a gateway emuNAND that is also on GW10.5. I have already dumped the cartridge to a ECLA.3ds file.

As I said, I cannot decrypt the Save file using this method: https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutoria...oras-saves-to-gateway-with-powersaves.378513/ because the powersaves device just won't acknowledge that the game is there! Stupid thing... Anyway, I found another tutorial that won't work with New 3ds ( https://projectpokemon.org/forums/showthread.php?36986-PKHeX-(Gen-6-SAV-PKX-Editor) )

So is there anyway with my given tools that I can extract that save file from either the cardtidge directly or the ECLA.3ds file and put it on sky3ds so I can use it there?

Right now I'm lost and don't know how to proceed. I am very thankful for any advice from you guys!

And thanks!

2. Filo97

Filo97 Zelda's totally my sister! Not lying!

Oct 8, 2015
    Italy
    Hyrule Castle
    why it won't work? you just need an homebrew exploit to extract the save.

3. Fil o_O
    OP

Fil o_O GBAtemp Regular

Dec 8, 2014
    Gambia, The
    I wrote it won't work because it says so
    It says no new3ds... Did I misunderstand something?

What would I use then? I have a working gateway emuNAND. But how could I extract the save? I read somewhere that Gateway cannot decrypt Carts that require firmware >7.1 because of the updated encryption... But anyway, could you tell me how to extract that save + decrypt it and put it into the 3ds file that would work with sky3ds?

4. Filo97

Filo97 Zelda's totally my sister! Not lying!

Oct 8, 2015
    Italy
    Hyrule Castle
    you misundestanded, the browser injection method can't work, but the homebrew one CAN.

5. Fil o_O
    OP

Fil o_O GBAtemp Regular

Dec 8, 2014
    Gambia, The
    Alright I got it. I got the save file and it's working on my sky 3ds now. ButI cannot go online, that's the next problem I've got to take care of! thanks

(I know I wrote I didn't want to go online, BUT:

If anyone should have a problem like that ever:

If your original cartridge doesn't work with powersaves, there is a chance that it does work with the sky3ds cart! Just for fun I injected the sky3ds cart into the powersaves device, and voila, the sky3ds cart can be read! ) So I'm trying to make it work online now and keep it!

Last edited by Fil o_O, Feb 13, 2016