Hardware PokeBall Plus Help

Gam3rGurl

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I just bought a pokeball plus and realized that maybe I shouldn't have waited? But for a while it was so hard to get one. I was seeing also if the price would drop..not by a lot, so I went and got one from Target a day ago. I've been having fun getting used to it and learning to play and throw poke balls. And I looked up how to get my Mew. Followed all the steps and got a message on the screen

"This Poke Ball Plus doesn't contain any Pokemon presents.
Connect a Poke Ball Plus that has a Pokemon in it as the first controller for your game, and try again."

I know all the frustration of Nintendo putting a pay wall against getting Mew, but I figured all the other perks that come with it, such as connecting to Pokemon Go, would totally be worth it. But after doing some research I found out that it might have been somebody bought the pokeball, claimed their Mew prize, and returned the Pokeball Plus back to Target. Thus getting Mew for free...
I'm really hoping I did something wrong here and you guys can help me out?
I made sure my switch was on internet, and went through the menu and did the whole "claim my pokeball present"
When I unboxed it the tape was in place and looked like it hadn't been tampered with or taped over.. the packaging was all intact. But the ball never made a sound once I charged and connected it I realized. Because apparently you're able to hear Mew inside?
Did I really get screwed over by some jerk who returned it?

Last edited by Gam3rGurl,

RocaBOT

Yo best puppy (but automated 🙃)
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
That's sady the most probable thing, yes. If the game says there's no gift in the ball, it's most definitely the case the ball is empty and was already redeemed, I'm very sorry to read that and to bring bad news :(

Gam3rGurl

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's sady the most probable thing, yes. If the game says there's no gift in the ball, it's most definitely the case the ball is empty and was already redeemed, I'm very sorry to read that and to bring bad news :(

Thank you for your speedy response. I was able to get over to Target, thankfully theres one close by me, and exchange it for another one. Luckily it was a young kid that knew about games at customer service. I also over embellished a little saying it was faulty and broken so they wouldn't re-shelf it. I charged up the pokeball in my car with my car charger and was able to hear Mew give its lonely cry, waiting for someone to set it free. :D

RocaBOT

Yo best puppy (but automated 🙃)
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
That's very cool to hear, and nice of you to have thought about others and tried to get it to no be on shelves again!
Cheers and take care of your Mew :3

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im glad pokemon home will be available soon that way we can transfer our Mews to pkmn sword/shield. Lots of Pokeball+ owners including myself were upset that we already redeemed our Mews being stuck in Lets Go

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/T78NsMwZOA0