Pokeball plus and a banned system

Discussion in 'Switch - Console, Accessories & Hardware' started by nero99, Nov 16, 2018.

1. nero99
    OP

nero99 GBAtemp Addict

Sep 18, 2014
    United States
    so if you have a banned system and want your Mew out of the pokeball plus, I have some bad news for you. To receive the new, you have to connect to Nintendo’s servers for the mystery gift to work.

2. Hoggy

Hoggy Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 16, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Worse yet you are unable to transfer your own pokemon into the ball since you can't get Mew out.

nero99 likes this.
  3. nero99
    OP

nero99 GBAtemp Addict

Sep 18, 2014
    United States
    I guess this is my punishment for using the switches freeshop a few months ago. At least I have a friend who has a ya kid unbanned switch I can use to get mew. Got my legit Pokémon let’s go Pikachu bundle today (game and ball), so I can at least inject my save to his system, transfer new, and transfer my save file back to my switch. Long way to get what I wanted tho.

4. ravihpa

ravihpa GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 11, 2007
    India
    Are you sure injecting your save in his Switch is safe? Coz I read somewhere on the forums that injecting save file or backing them up can also get your banned.

Albytrozz likes this.
  5. Devin

Devin "Local Hardware Wizard"

GBAtemp Patron
    Devin is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Aug 17, 2009
    United States
    The Nexus
    Couldn't you just redeem Mew on the kid's switch and then trade it offline to your own? That way you lower the risk of potentially getting his switch banned. (Not sure if there's any proof that save injection leads to banning but launching CFW to load Checkpoint would raise a flag.)

dimmidice likes this.
  6. nero99
    OP

nero99 GBAtemp Addict

Sep 18, 2014
    United States
    He’s been doing all the piracy and homebrew stuff on sxos for a few months now and has yet to be banned. He even has the balls to go online knowing the risk he’s taking. I suppose trading would be easier.

7. Xyphoseos

Xyphoseos Hack or no games

Jun 29, 2016
    France
    Rivière
    Just wait for pkhex update and inject yourself mew wondercard when it will be possible

8. Devin

Devin "Local Hardware Wizard"

GBAtemp Patron
    Devin is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Aug 17, 2009
    United States
    The Nexus
    If what I read earlier was correct, he can't use the Pokeball Plus until Mew is taken out of it. I was tempted to buy one for Pokemon Go myself until I heard that.

(By use I mean use in Pokemon Go. I'm sure it'd still function as a controller.)

9. GhostlyCrowd

GhostlyCrowd Member

Newcomer
    Aug 5, 2017
    Canada
    You can use the poke-ball, I have the same issue though i cannot remove mew so i cant store any of my Pokemon in it,. but you can use it as a controller just fine.

Devin likes this.
  10. Hoggy

Hoggy Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 16, 2018
    United Kingdom
    That's all good to get a mew. The only issue is how to get the mew out of the pokeball so you can transfer your own pokemon into it.

11. Snugglevixen

Snugglevixen Princess of Cuddles

Feb 17, 2015
    New Zealand
    On your lap.
    I love my non exploited switch and it's ability to use the internet

12. Xyphoseos

Xyphoseos Hack or no games

Jun 29, 2016
    France
    Rivière
    But mew isnt in the ball
    In the ball there is a code sent to the serve when you connect it to internet
    Then server send you a mew

13. GhostlyCrowd

GhostlyCrowd Member

Newcomer
    Aug 5, 2017
    Canada
    Mew is considered "in the ball" you can shake it and it will react with its Cry. you can use the play function of the ball to play with mew, and until Mew is removed you cannot put any other pokemon in. for all purposes mew is in the ball, and the internet connection is to authenticate and remove mew from the ball as its a one time use. Its a stupid function that the game its self could have done but instead they require the internet to remove mew from the bapp which is annoying for the previously mentioned reasons.

Xyphoseos and Devin like this.
  14. Joshtech

Joshtech Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 1, 2014
    Queensland
    I got my mew by connecting my Pokeball plus to my unhacked switch.
    Started a new game with the same name that I started with on my hacked switch.
    Caught 2 pokemon, and progressed through the game until communications is enabled.
    I then redeemed my mew and traded with my hacked console.

Also you are unable to place a pokemon inside the pokeball plus until you redeem the mew

nero99 likes this.
  15. Albytrozz

Albytrozz GBAtemp Regular

Jun 10, 2018
    United States
    *removed*

Last edited by Albytrozz, Nov 17, 2018
    Devin likes this.
  16. Pippin666

Pippin666 SSF43DE Master

Mar 30, 2009
    Canada
    Montreal, Qc
    This thread is a feast for me, lot's of banned users, miam it taste so good.

Pip'

17. andyhappypants

andyhappypants Pika!

Jul 27, 2012
    United Kingdom
    Hoenn
    Exactly this!

18. fragged

fragged GBAtemp Regular

Jun 19, 2018
    United States
    20181116_234851. You're right, I couldn't find my Mew anywhere inside my Pokeball Plus.

GothicIII, Zense, gnmmarechal and 7 others like this.
  19. BIGdoubleD

BIGdoubleD Member

Newcomer
    Nov 14, 2018
    Australia
    Anyone else know that pokeball has a big drawback,Only three hours of available power, it can be charge from power bank or not?

20. nero99
    OP

nero99 GBAtemp Addict

Sep 18, 2014
    United States
    You only get 3 hours? I’ve been getting 4-5 hours out of mine. I don’t see why a power bank couldn’t charge it, it’s just like charging at the wall or switch dock

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted