EnticeVigo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,
I've been trying to hack my vWii (EUR Region) for practical use on my Wii u (also EUR) for quite some time and was able to install the homebrew channel. disappointingly, I found homebrewing the vWii to be pretty much useless. Sure, I was able to install a single Eur wad of a Wii Ware title I got from my old Wii but that was pretty much it. Everything else I tried to do didn't work. I tried to use the homebrew browser, which worked on my old Wii. On the vWii, the homebrew browser failed to connect to the server and I got an endless stream of error codes, despite a working internet connection. I also wanted to move USA region channels from my old Wii to my vWii but the vWii blocked installation and launching of these titles from my SD card (something I figured would happen). When I looked for region changing solutions, I couldn't find anything specifically for the vWii. The region changing Wii homebrew software I did find claimed that attempting to install such software on the vWii would brick it. I don't get it, why would anyone want to homebrew the vWii if they can't do simple things such as removing the region lock? This is very frustrating!! Has anyone been successful in the tasks I have been trying to achieve with the vWii?

Reactions: Moobaks

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,
I've been trying to hack my vWii (EUR Region) for practical use on my Wii u (also EUR) for quite some time and was able to install the homebrew channel. disappointingly, I found homebrewing the vWii to be pretty much useless. Sure, I was able to install a single Eur wad of a Wii Ware title I got from my old Wii but that was pretty much it. Everything else I tried to do didn't work. I tried to use the homebrew browser, which worked on my old Wii. On the vWii, the homebrew browser failed to connect to the server and I got an endless stream of error codes, despite a working internet connection. I also wanted to move USA region channels from my old Wii to my vWii but the vWii blocked installation and launching of these titles from my SD card (something I figured would happen). When I looked for region changing solutions, I couldn't find anything specifically for the vWii. The region changing Wii homebrew software I did find claimed that attempting to install such software on the vWii would brick it. I don't get it, why would anyone want to homebrew the vWii if they can't do simple things such as removing the region lock? This is very frustrating!! Has anyone been successful in the tasks I have been trying to achieve with the vWii?
Wii USB loading works as well as GameCube

Reactions: EnticeVigo

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you need to install the homebrew launcher correctly on the vwii. you can change region with showmiiwads. if you want to negate possible bricking, which is unlikely to happen with a game wad, use usb loader gx's emunand and wad installer. I installed all usa wads on mine, no issues.

EnticeVigo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you need to install the homebrew launcher correctly on the vwii. you can change region with showmiiwads. if you want to negate possible bricking, which is unlikely to happen with a game wad, use usb loader gx's emunand and wad installer. I installed all usa wads on mine, no issues.

Thanks! I will check it out. Does USB loader support Nintendo channels such as opera internet channel?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
usb loader gx makes things very easy, can even use neek channels without having to have an additional channel to get out. can boot into it or use the neek nand for games that need it. I play usb loader gx every other day, then play my vc version of my favorite game, dkc returns, on the other days. never had issues.

Reactions: EnticeVigo

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: I get what they were trying to say but what the ad actually says is "we tried to cram a ton of... +1