Homebrew point of Moonshell?

zidane_genome

My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I'm not going to try to start a flame war here... I want honest opinions...

What is the point of Moonshell anymore?

I have a cell phone that can play MP3s, as well as an iPod Touch, which has a much larger screen than the DS, and can play videos at a much nicer resolution.

can anyone give me a reason I should have Moonshell?

Domination

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Senegal
Its to shut up the sony fanboys
dry.gif

nah, its just for people who want to listen and watch media on DS. I myself don't use it much.

AXYPB

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm rather content with my older, unsophisticated cell phone barely capable of taking pictures and making sounds, thank you very much. If I want any kind of media capability, it may as well be on the device of mine that is better at it.

ENDscape

REBORN! I will post with my Dying Will!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Maybe for someone that wants to bring only one thing when they go out?? So they don't have to bring both their DS and mp3 player.

TraumaHoundNDS

Trophies
Website
traumahound.ndsthemes.com
XP
Country
United States
ExDee said:
what if like. "OH NOEZ MY IPOD HAZ NO MORE BATTERY" Then lalalla i you trip "OH NOEZ I DROPPED MY CELLPHONE *BREAKS*" I guess you use ur ds

I'd say if one can't remember to charge their iPod nor properly hold onto a cellphone then chances are it'll only be a short while before their chargeless DS is broken to bits, too.
tongue.gif

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Here's a thought - How many items do you take around with you ? (on Holiday perhaps)

Mobile, Netbook [Web access], Ipod [Music/Movie player], Game system [When your lying by the pool], PDA [Address book], Camera etc etc

With a DS(i) (& the right combo of software) - you can carry a Web browser, Book reader, MP3 player, Movie player, (multiple) Game systems (via emulation), PDA AND a basic snapshot camera (in the case of a DSi) all in one handy package

And since Moonshell is nothing more than a glorified file selector, I believe IMHO that there is still a place for Moonshell - or in fact any other similar program that helps select & organise all these elements together

Eon-Rider

Trophies
Website
www.kablooza.co.cc
XP
Country
zidane_genome said:
Ok, I'm not going to try to start a flame war here... I want honest opinions...

What is the point of Moonshell anymore?

I have a cell phone that can play MP3s, as well as an iPod Touch, which has a much larger screen than the DS, and can play videos at a much nicer resolution.

can anyone give me a reason I should have Moonshell?
There's no reason why you should have Moonshell but it doesn't mean it doesn't have a point. I don't own any MP3 players because I've never been that into music but just having Moonshell for casual music playing is perfect for my needs especially for my favourite gaming console.

The point is, why bother with more hardware when you can all have it on one device? I'm sure that's the point of Moonshell that you're missing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @AncientBoi, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jUWpmU-X8k