Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
gallery_111084_186_1359.gif

PocketNES is a GBA NES EMU that began development over 10 years ago. Thankfully Dwedit (the current maintainer of the source) refuses to let this little emulator die. Please see the change log for more information about this release.

Change Log said:
  • New version, now with DMC IRQs!
  • added mapper 206
  • now builds with latest devkitarm
download.gif
Download
icon11.gif
Source
icon11.gif
Project page

Reactions: 1 person

Xuio

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Hmm... i'm getting white screen after the loading (GBA micro/M3 Perfect). Am I the only one with that?

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
Hmm... i'm getting white screen after the loading (GBA micro/M3 Perfect). Am I the only one with that?

did you use the menu maker to inject some roms into the file?

How to use PocketNES, the basics

Since PocketNES runs on a Gameboy Advance from a flash card, and not from a hard drive with an operative system there are some things different from a regular emulator. Most importantly, you don't keep the .nes roms separately, but they are included in the same file with the emulator.
The basic idea is that you put PocketNES with all the .nes roms you want to play into one .gba rom file, and then select which game you want to play from a menu within the emulator.
If this all sounds complicated, fear not. There are tools to automate all this for you! Read on!

How to get PocketNES to work, the quick and easy way

-Download PocketNES Menu Maker from the downloads section.

Put all the files from the zip in the same directory with the nes roms you want to use and the pocketnes.gba. Double-click the pnesmmw.exe and click the "Make Rom" button. You should now get a PocketNESMenu.gba in that directory.

Flash this to your Flash Card and play!

There are also several other PocketNES menu creator programs out, see downloads. Read their respective documentation for info on how to use them.

-another world

Bart Lemming

Gēmu Bōi mikuro
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Glad to see this getting some news coverage. It's a great emulator and works at least as well as most of those NOAC systems you see floating around the 'net. Long live the GBA! :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I think Switch 2 will launch about Christmas this year lol