Hacking POC Launcher

Monkey D. Luffy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Ga1l0w said:
I put my JPEG image in the root of the sd card and named it 'boot'. I did the exact same thing for the mp3. Why am I sill getting a file not found error?

Hum try another picture...
I using a picture JPEG 608 * 439 and it works fine..

buby78

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i was getting frustrated with this. then i change the name of the file to boot not boot.mp3 like it said in the readme
"A customizable intro program to use along with preloader, Put your opening picture as boot.jpg and music as boot.mp3 in the root of the sd card... and install this as an autoboot dol for preloader." i just named it boot BINGO!! IT WORKS.

mariomaniac33

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For as basic as this is, this is one nifty little tool! Very creative WiiCrazy!
happy.gif

I do have one request though, and hopefully you'll be able to implement it eventually: the ability to inject the boot image and mp3 into the dol.
tongue.gif
Then, our SD cards will no longer have to be in our Wiis to see our magnificent boot screens!

By the way, can you release the source code?
closedeyes.gif
No rush.

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm still getting the "Error autobooting file, try reinstalling!" message.

I'm using Preloader 0.27, and have the .dol named to 'boot' and both the JPEG and MP3 named 'boot' in the root of the SD card. The JPEG is 640 x 456 and the MP3 is 35.6kb.

If I go to "load File" and press 1 on boot.dol, it loads the image, plays the sound, and continues to the systemmenu, but upon restarting the Wii it comes back to Preloader with the error message.

Anybody have any hints or suggestions?

EDIT: Nevermind... magically started working after posting this. It was about the 5th time I reset the Wii and tried again.
tongue.gif

Great tool, WiiCrazy! Much better than editing the health screen.

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I added a second of silence to the beginning of my boot.mp3 and replaced it on the SD card, and now it goes back to the error autobooting message. If I put the old boot.mp3 back on and load it, it works. This app is very picky and strange. xD

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
when i put the dol onto the sd with the image and mp3, what do i need to do in the preloader menu? i've gone to settings and had a look round and it says autoboot: blah and i can change it to file, so will i need to change crazyintroV0.2.dol to autoboot.dol or what?

this is rather confusing for me sorry lol

m-tek

Trophies
Website
supex0.co.uk
XP
Country
mikeyt1998 said:
when i put the dol onto the sd with the image and mp3, what do i need to do in the preloader menu? i've gone to settings and had a look round and it says autoboot: blah and i can change it to file, so will i need to change crazyintroV0.2.dol to autoboot.dol or what?

this is rather confusing for me sorry lol

Try using the translated tutorial

HERE

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
Wiisel said:
Nice one wiicrazy it works a treat
biggrin.gif

only prob is its off centre and i need to figure the coorrect image size to avoid croping will you be doing a 16:9 version?

Well this is the first time I did a picture displaying code and tested this on pal with c1084s monitor... and since I'm a bit careless about these tiny details, yeah the image can be off-centered
smile.gif
I'll fix it in the upcoming versions...

Jizmo said:
Hey Crazy...

A 684x480 pic works and fills the entire screen, but It's indented on the left side and the right side of picture wraps around. So then I thought about it and Tried 640x456. BINGO!

Almost a perfect full screen fit.

Use 640x456 Resolution on NTSC for your boot.jpg

Hmm, I have pal video mode on my ntsc machine... I need to revert it to ntsc and rework this....

SilverSurfR said:
If you need more time to decide, I would imagine all you have to do is add silence to the end of the sound files to easily increase it. I would rather have something like this than custom health screens to be honest. No dealing with system files at all. Especially if you could make it wait for input at the end to ask what you wanted loaded. I could see this taking off with more options. Is it possible to load whatever is in the DVD drive from an app like this?

Edit... Is there a limit to what bitrate the MP3 can be? Should it be stereo/mono? or does it just not matter?

Dvd drive = game? Then no, it won't launch games ever... Previously I've done some system menu patching... It's messy and interferes with preloader... and it's also slow...
About the mp3 stuff, whatever the libmad allows, you just need to test and figure it out... 128kbs stereo was just fine..

QUOTE(Ga1l0w @ Feb 1 2009, 08:00 AM) I put my JPEG image in the root of the sd card and named it 'boot'. I did the exact same thing for the mp3. Why am I sill getting a file not found error?

You should name it boot.mp3 (assuming you see the file extensions in windows explorer), name it boot if you can't see the file extensions...

QUOTE(buby78 @ Feb 1 2009, 09:23 AM)
i was getting frustrated with this. then i change the name of the file to boot not boot.mp3 like it said in the readme
"A customizable intro program to use along with preloader, Put your opening picture as boot.jpg and music as boot.mp3 in the root of the sd card... and install this as an autoboot dol for preloader." i just named it boot BINGO!! IT WORKS.

See the above quote...

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
mariomaniac33 said:
For as basic as this is, this is one nifty little tool! Very creative WiiCrazy!
happy.gif

I do have one request though, and hopefully you'll be able to implement it eventually: the ability to inject the boot image and mp3 into the dol.
tongue.gif
Then, our SD cards will no longer have to be in our Wiis to see our magnificent boot screens!

By the way, can you release the source code?
closedeyes.gif
No rush.

I may add such an injection feature but with the added features like displaying animated images and such it may turn into a lofi version of this... for sd-card'less scenario I plan to have a default sound and picture that everyone can agree... About the source code... it's messy, I'll release it at some point... though any homebrew coder can write this from scratch in a few hours... so releasing source code will only help those don't know coding... with the current flood of ...mii software I prefer now keeping the sources private.

FGOD said:
i'm having a code dump after a glinch of the jpg... could be cause of the fact i use version 0.1. but i'll try later with the new one...

but if anybody have another idea of why this is i would love to hear the solution...

Hey dude! Since you can see the picture, try changing the picture and mp3... Some faced this, a bug I need to sort out possibly..

QUOTE(mikeyt1998 @ Feb 1 2009, 02:56 PM)
hmm, i see you have to install it, righto
smile.gif
just a slight worry about the fact i've installed anytitle deleter using preloader too, what'll happen if i install this, just overwrite?

Preloader will overwrite the autoboot dol/elf in the nand... you can only have one autoboot file for preloader at a time... so... by the way what's the point in having anytitle deleter as autoboot file?

ps: forum doesn't allow much quoting... so...

Gwaith

Trophies
Website
www.die2nite.com
XP
Country
Gambia, The
This is one fantastic homebrew. No messing aroung with the healthscreen + my custom mp3 = instant win. Only problem at the moment is , that my 608*456 .jpg is a little bit to far on the left so i get some black boarder at the right. But apart from that it's working like a charm.

Running on a 3.2E Wii with preloader 0.27

D-Jay

High rulez
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Gwaith said:
This is one fantastic homebrew. No messing aroung with the healthscreen + my custom mp3 = instant win. Only problem at the moment is , that my 608*456 .jpg is a little bit to far on the left so i get some black boarder at the right. But apart from that it's working like a charm.

Running on a 3.2E Wii with preloader 0.27

Just change it to 640x456. Works

WiiShizzza

Graphics juggler
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
@ Wiicrazy
When pressing any button like reset or power off while POCLauncher is acting, I'll get a code dump....
Just though that this is an undiscussed bug.

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
WiiShizzza said:
@ Wiicrazy
When pressing any button like reset or power off while POCLauncher is acting, I'll get a code dump....
Just though that this is an undiscussed bug.

Yeah I'm aware of that nasty bug.. probably I should detect power button press and stop playing the music...

mariomaniac33

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiCrazy said:
... though any homebrew coder can write this from scratch in a few hours... so releasing source code will only help those don't know coding...

True, or it will help those like me who don't have a few hours to spend coding
tongue.gif

WiiCrazy said:
About the source code... it's messy, I'll release it at some point..

Okay, that's understandable
happy.gif

QUOTE(WiiCrazy @ Feb 1 2009, 05:49 AM)
I may add such an injection feature but with the added features like displaying animated images and such...

I look forward to this
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.