Be water my friend!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
vettacossx said:
wow thats gr8 to hear bro! sounds like (as per usual) your already a step ahead of our thoughts and ponderings! very impressive wiicrazy and thanks as well for such a prompt response to my inquires we wait with baited breath
ohmy.gif

also in regard to garbled vid i wondered (maybe if say we only used mp4/mp3 video/audio codecs and remove some un-needed format supports to shrink and maybe stabilize the dol? of course I could be way off base here as I am not a coder but a modder...Thought to myself "hey cant hurt to ask though!" lol...well thanks again and I will stop posting and let others speak there peace just wanted to be nosy bro thanks for obliging
smile.gif
and KUDOS on this project!)

Well, actually I explained it all in the wiibrew talk page, so no need to repeat here...
And actually I didn't make lots of tests with the video stuff, I tested just a few videos... some worked, some didn't... look at the initial post, there is a video opening there... it's so short because it crashes after some 5-6 seconds
smile.gif

That was of course just part of the proof of concept tests... nothing unfixable...

UranusKiller

TranceMaster
Trophies
Website
djdynamite.freeforums.org
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Yeah, that kind of thing can be made configurable
I want to preserve at least one or two button for a specific use but of course other buttons can be made configurable... or all can be made configurable with the sacrifice of that extra stuff... but I doubt anyone will remember say 6 favourite channels I have even problems with 4
i end up forgetting, its a hard life, end up booting something, then its a fuck sake power back off and retry
tongue.gif

Don Killah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Great job you done mate, however i think that you should implement the use of a folder in order to tidy this a little bit.
This way, if you ever decide to add the random picture display (boot1.jpg,boot2.jpg...), it will be better to have them in a seperate folder.

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
Don Killah said:
Great job you done mate, however i think that you should implement the use of a folder in order to tidy this a little bit.
This way, if you ever decide to add the random picture display (boot1.jpg,boot2.jpg...), it will be better to have them in a seperate folder.

Well yep it's planned too
smile.gif

Folder will be named crazyintro, so don't use it for other purposes
wink.gif

Don Killah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
@WiiCrazy:
Just a thing that crossed my mind and that should improve a lot the implementation of the movie rendering feature.
Instead of using a stripped version of mplayer that leads to a 6M file, why don't you use the homebrew port of MFE ?

The elf file is only 2.2M large, and you can even reduce its size by removing unwanted features.
Just give it a try.

http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Wii_MFE_Port

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
SilverSurfR said:
Shit... this is already where I keep all my hentai.
rofl2.gif

This one?
Hentai.jpg

tongue.gif

@Topic: Realy, this app is maybe the only reason why I'll install Preloader again...only because of this, the rest what Preloader can don't interessts me...so keep it going!!!
smile.gif

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
Don Killah said:
@WiiCrazy:
Just a thing that crossed my mind and that should improve a lot the implementation of the movie rendering feature.
Instead of using a stripped version of mplayer that leads to a 6M file, why don't you use the homebrew port of MFE ?

The elf file is only 2.2M large, and you can even reduce its size by removing unwanted features.
Just give it a try.

http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Wii_MFE_Port

Well it has lots of downsides, two of them significant
1. No easy compilation (because of that custom root filesystem)
2. Includes linux root filesystem and possibly a linux kernel... so it will probably take longer to boot

Don Killah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Edit: you answered while i was posting ^^

Too bad then, i really hoped that it will speed up the process.
We're all waiting for your tool mate, keep up the great work.

D-Jay

High rulez
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
D-Jay said:
WiiCrazy said:
This week I'll only have saturday to work with this, really busy with work...

Things you can expect,
2. Ability to inject the mp3 and picture into the dol with a pc side program.
That would be great!

QUOTE(_Contra_ @ Feb 12 2009, 07:42 PM) I love crazy intro;)
Same for me! Good work, dude!

Something new?

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
Well this will never be a backup launching solution or something.. sorry for that...
About the new features, yesterday and today I had to do usual work stuff because of a lousy project at the company... so it's a bit delayed... also I'm waiting for the delivery of default sound and picture... and maybe default video
wink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Or Genesis.