Hacking PNY 8GB SDCH format

alec1988

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hello, im having trouble with getting this damn SDHC card format. i want to get files larger than 4gigs on it but with the fat32 format it does not allow me to. i am currently with fat32 format because my laptop does not allow me to change to anything else. in my searches on line i came across a new format exFAT but it seems that my wii will not read it. anyway i have tryed other things like getting my pc to format it to NTFS. but the problem is the info i found online tells me to go to Device Manager and change the Policies tab so it reads Optimize for performance. but the problem is that when i click this setting it changes back its self back to optimize for quick removal. using the default also does not work. i have also downloaded the hp flash format tool but it does not seem to read the SDHC card. anyway im close to giving up and returning this card. anyway in conclusion i need help as to format this card to where i can fit 4gig+ files and also have it readable by the wii. thanks ahead of time.

apoptygma

Trophies
XP
Country
FAT32 is limited to 4gb files, Most Wii applications won't let you use NTFS. Split your games/videos whatever the files are into 4gb chunks.

alec1988

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tryn to get some isos on it. also i read that you can some how break up the iso into smaller files, but if i did that would it still be readable?

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
alec1988 said:
tryn to get some isos on it. also i read that you can some how break up the iso into smaller files, but if i did that would it still be readable?

you need to convert them to wbfs files, if the game is bigger than 4gb then they will be split into multiple files.

alec1988

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so if i break them into wbfs files then would programs like usbloader and such still be able to read them?

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
alec1988 said:
so if i break them into wbfs files then would programs like usbloader and such still be able to read them?

Yes, usb loader gx supports wbfs files. For the loaders that support FAT32, it's the only way you can load games.

alec1988

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok thanks ALOT smf. ill do some research into the wbfs file. if i need anymore help ill come back here
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/bG1pQld.mp4