Hacking PLease try and fix this issue

RetroHero

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have a 3.3 Wii with rev 20 and a FAT32 HD that is 1TB.

Everything works fine, I can play games, install wads etc...

HOWEVER, If I start homebrew channel with my USB HD plugged in the screen freezes at black. If I unplug my HD and start homebrew it is fine, I can then plug in my HD when Homebrew channel has started and then I can use CFG loader to play some games.

Can anyone figure out why this is happening. My best guess is that booting the hombrew channel with a FAT32 SD card and a FAT32 HD confuses the Wii and it freezes.

I really want to fix this issue.

Thanks

joybeba6679

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, you have a 1TB HD, partition it with a 500GB wbfs partition which is more than enough for wii games and use wbfs manager to transfer your games, simple
wink.gif

RetroHero

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes but the games work fine on the 1TB and I already have a ton of other files (photos, shows, movies) and cant partition the drive now.

Why won't homebrew start when the USB is plugged in? It works fine if I plug it in after homebrew starts.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I wish I could help, but I can only ask some (probably idle) questions:
-do you have the latest version of the HBC? (1.0.8, at the moment)
-the HBC doesn't rely on cIOS249 but on IOS58 for USB support. Do you have that one installed as well?

I can attest that having both a FAT32 SD card and USB drive works just fine (I have that same setup). But other than that, I can't guess much about the reasons. :-\

RetroHero

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes I have 1.0.8.

I am not sure if I have ios58. Can I get this through dopios? Or how do I normally get this?

Posts merged

Yes I have 1.0.8.

I am not sure if I have ios58. Can I get this through dopios? Or how do I normally get this?

RetroHero

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
OK I went into dop-ios and it wouldn't give me the option to download ios58. It has ios58 there I just cant press "A" to install.

Does this mean I already have it?

PPSainity

Blinded by Science
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
In the HBC's Home Screen, it will list what IOS it is using to run on next to the HBC version number. Check to see if it lists IOS 58 there. If it is not running on IOS 58, you may not have IOS 58 installed. You can run Syscheck and generate a system report to be sure, or just install/re-install IOS 58 using the IOS 58 Installer. Afterward, you will need to re-install the HBC so that it will run off IOS 58.

-[]D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: What GBA game should I play?