Hacking please read...in need of wii issues resolves

flashgordon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok i have looked over and over again n i keep getting a neogamma error stating like dvd error 1208 disc ID i have searched everywhere and cant figure this out burning at 2-4 speed and using dvd-r's and its still giving me that error???...where can i figure this out.Also how can i safely upgrade from 4.1 to 4.2 i also researched on that aswell and cant find anything how to upgrade..it would be greatly appreciated if i could get these issues resolved.

koji2009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are dozens of programs to upgrade from 4.1 to 4.2... none of them are necessary. There is zero benefit to it and, indeed, if you use the disc channel to load games 4.2 puts additional region lockouts.

If it's a DVD error, it's likely bad media... What type of discs are you using?

flashgordon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes games worked tell i installed 4 cios wads forgot what they were like 15 or something from wad manager and i have a lot of cios installed and dop-mii dont work either...the only time i can get the cios to install is when I choose network or i get an error about ret- whatever...also when i try to run games it states 1208 disc id.....even when i try to install cios 222 that comes back with a bad hash and the games use to load thru disc channel and they dont know and i did have cioscorp installed and never uninstalled it...im not sure if i need to redo the tbug restorer from 3.1-4.1 guide instructions...im PUzzZZled. and wii is 2-3 yrs old and i am on 4.1 sys menu.

CarbonX13

GBAtemp 台灣人
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
Can you at least try to type with better grammar so it's easier to understand you? = ="

So the details I can confirm thus far:
- Neogamma produces Error 1208
- Had cIOSCORP installed. Never un-installed.
- System Menu 4.1, 2/3 year old Wii console
- He has no idea what cIOS he's on.
- DOP-Mii no longer works (probably from cIOSCORP?)

Questions you'll probably want to answer for anybody to help you:
- What version of Neogamma are you using?
- What brand of DVD-R are you using?
- Are there specific games causing trouble, or just games in general?
- Confirm what cIOS (including rev and base) you have installed.
- What actions did you partake on your Wii before your games stopped working? Did you try installing WAD files? A Homebrew app perhaps? There's really no way your Wii can just randomly stop working if you didn't do anything...

flashgordon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
- What version of Neogamma are you using? R9 BETA 47 CIOS 57 REV20 SLOT 249
- What brand of DVD-R are you using? VERBATIMS
- Are there specific games causing trouble, or just games in general? TRIED SMACKDOWN VS RAW 2011,STAR WARS FORCE UNLEASHED AND BATMAN
- Confirm what cIOS (including rev and base) you have installed.NOT TO SURE HOW TO CHECK INSTALLED CIOSCORP PLUS CIOSCORP EXTRA...DARKCORP AND THE WADS YOU NEED FOR 4.1 GUIDE
- What actions did you partake on your Wii before your games stopped working? Did you try installing WAD files? A Homebrew app perhaps? There's really no way your Wii can just randomly stop working if you didn't do anything...I TRIED INSTALLING A COUPLE OF WADS IT WAS A PACK OF 4 WITHIN WII MANAGER CAUSE I THOUGHT MORE WADS BETTER CHANCE OF RUNNING NEWER GAMES VIA DISC METHOD.

PS I USED DVD+R FOR SUPER MARIO GALAXY 2 AND USING THE SAME DISCS FOR RAW VS SD 11 AND STAR WARS UNLEASHED 2 AND NOW DONT WORK WONDER IF I SHOULD REINSTALL TBR OR WHAT THE ISSUE IS.

didnt mean caps!!!

also would it make sense perhaps if i was on 4.2 sys menu?

CarbonX13

GBAtemp 台灣人
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
No, there's absolutely no reason to update to System Menu 4.2.

Stick with DVD-R, as that's what the Wii is capable of reading natively. Despite proper bitsetting on DVD+R discs, some Wii consoles just can't read them (like mine). Give DVD-R discs a shot, and it'll probably work.

flashgordon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yea probably be my first thing to do before updating and screwing more stuff up.

Also do these newer games need any certain new ios?

fernylocs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This sound like the problem that i am having right now, but i had darkcorp and i uninstalled because it was starting to take too long to register the games and was also skipping alot. I did play a couple of pal games on it, may be that had something to do with it. My version is 4.2u and i bought it back in 07.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up