Please people... help. [NOOB 3ds questions]

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by leontas2007, Jun 21, 2017.

1. leontas2007
    OP

leontas2007 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 17, 2016
    Australia
    FIRST OF ALL!.. hello

So for three days I 've been searching on the internet everything about hacks and exploits for the 3ds and... my progress is still on 0%.

I have cheched the stick threads about all those questions I am having but still nothing. So..

I have an old classic 3ds with firmware 8.1.0-12E. I own a gateway cartridge and zelda ocarina of time and I still can't run homebrews..

Please, anyone that has the time, please explain what I have to do. All I want to do is to run homebrews and for some reason noting seems to work, can my 3ds run homebrews in its current state?

2. astronautlevel

astronautlevel The Young Descendent of Tepes

Jan 26, 2016
    United States
    That Nightly Site™
    You want to follow the guide at https://3ds.guide/, under the section for 7.0 to 8.1. Once you're done you'll be able to run homebrew.

Quantumcat and Trojaner like this.
  3. leontas2007
    OP

Newcomer
    Jul 17, 2016
    Australia
    well... sadly, that happend

https://pasteboard.co/2daY947Jw.jpg

I did exactly what the website said.

4. Sophie-bear

Sophie-bear The Coolest Bear Around

Jan 4, 2017
    United States
    The .FIRM file is either missing from the root of your SD card or is not the proper version you need, I'm guessing.

5. astronautlevel

Jan 26, 2016
    United States
    That Nightly Site™
    Can you post what's on your SD card root and in the /boot9strap/ folder?

6. leontas2007
    OP

Newcomer
    Jul 17, 2016
    Australia
    Well it worked...or so I though... I have bricked it, so I guess there is no turning back now. I just did exactly what the webside said

https://pasteboard.co/2duYLIwPI.jpg

and the rar is the crash dump..

Attached Files:

7. Sophie-bear

Jan 4, 2017
    United States
    When does this happen? At boot? If you hold select on boot, do you get Luma Config?

8. leontas2007
    OP

Newcomer
    Jul 17, 2016
    Australia
    when I boot the 3ds happens and yes, when I hold select the luma config boots normally

9. astronautlevel

Jan 26, 2016
    United States
    That Nightly Site™
    No idea why Luma would be giving a crash like that, and I'm at work so I can't look at the dump :/

I'd say to try the legacy branch which doesn't include the rosalina SVC, but I don't know where an already built version is and I can't build it now.
    He'll get to the luma config fine, that's a crash in rosalina which doesn't start until the arm11 process starts.

10. leontas2007
    OP

Newcomer
    Jul 17, 2016
    Australia
    well, I have cheched to auto boot on emunand and it boots but. emunand alone is useless, I can't even use my gateway

11. Sophie-bear

Jan 4, 2017
    United States
    If you download the latest version of Luma here, you can disable the exception handlers from the configurator; problem is something might actually be wrong and this may or may not fix it.

https://astronautlevel2.github.io/Luma3DS/

12. astronautlevel

Jan 26, 2016
    United States
    That Nightly Site™
    Follow the transfer emunand to sysnand part of the guide, that should fix your problems with booting sysnand.
    Also, this isn't just booting emunand, it's booting with signature patches to allow you to run homebrew applications and CIA applications.

13. leontas2007
    OP

Newcomer
    Jul 17, 2016
    Australia
    I have downloaded it but I don't know how to install it, I mean when I paste it in the root folder it doesn't replace anything(the old luma boot file)

14. Sophie-bear

Jan 4, 2017
    United States
    boot.firm goes on the root. Also worth noting these aren't stable builds and are untested. I'm just curious if your issue is fixed in the newer build or not with exception vectors disabled.

15. astronautlevel

Jan 26, 2016
    United States
    That Nightly Site™
    I doubt that updating to one of my nightlies will fix this. He already said he can boot emunand properly, so he should just continue with moving emunand onto sysnand.

16. leontas2007
    OP

Newcomer
    Jul 17, 2016
    Australia
    well it worked, it booted sysnand normally, ok I think my heartbeat has returned to normal again.

well I can't seem to find it, please if you can look at those dump files later and tell me what to do. Three icons are black (from applications that I don't use) I just want to know that my system is not damaged

17. astronautlevel

Jan 26, 2016
    United States
    That Nightly Site™
    The icons being black typically indicate that you installed something to your NAND a while ago that you shouldn't have, I can't remember how to get rid of them but they shouldn't cause any issues, just being ugly.

18. leontas2007
    OP

Newcomer
    Jul 17, 2016
    Australia
    So I tested my gateway, and its not working. I mean when I go to go.gateway-3ds.com its not booting the gateway menu and all that. That means that I can only use Luma now?

19. leontas2007
    OP

Newcomer
    Jul 17, 2016
    Australia
    Ok.. so I am trying to complete the guide and with every step I do, I have these errors:

https://pasteboard.co/2fc8H2NuI.jpg

I still haven't updated my sysnand because..I don't know I fear the worst, the thing is that, I want to still be able to use my gateway to boot my roms again.

So, can I use Luma with gateway? because I can't go to gateway mode

20. HugaTheFox

HugaTheFox GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 11, 2017
    United States
    Las Vegas
    On tge guide it tells you to use a legacy version of luma then update. Did you use that? It is before the updating the system section