Please help.. :(

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by HollowOwlykins, Jul 26, 2010.

Jul 26, 2010

Please help.. :( by HollowOwlykins at 8:27 PM (842 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. HollowOwlykins
    OP

Newcomer HollowOwlykins Newbie

Canada
    Help help help.. v.v
    I purchased an R4i from someone in my town, and I have no idea how to set it up. (I'm sure this has been asked before, but I swear I couldn't find any more posts on this..)
    (Image of Box

2. Gnargle

Member Gnargle The day I set a profile picture is the day I die

United Kingdom
    Fake cart is fake. You were scammed, bro. Wood or any of the other firmwares will work on it, you'll have to download the firmware from their site. It will be crap, sorry.

EDIT: And, on checking, the site seems down. You're out of luck, bro.

3. N4RU70 FR34K

Banned N4RU70 FR34K Banned

United States
  4. HollowOwlykins
    OP

Canada
    That site doesn't work for me.. It just comes up saying that the site isn't there.

5. bennyroger

Member bennyroger GBAtemp Regular

Norway
    Go to linfoxdomain.com if you want the original files or check out my files on megaupload http://www.megaupload.com/?d=3CMH6HOT
    it should also work. extract the files to the root of of memory card.

6. HollowOwlykins
    OP

Canada
    You are beyond a life saver. Thank you so much. [​IMG] It's working perfectly now!

7. ukcommando

Newcomer ukcommando Newbie

United Kingdom
    For anyone who's bought the R4igold clone card from http://www.r4igold.cn and having trouble getting it to work, this may help. I've found that the download files from their website don't have the kernel file correctly named. When you unpack the archive to a folder on your PC you may find a file called iLL.iL in it at the top level. Make two copies of this in the same folder named R4i.dat and TTMENU.DAT

Then copy the complete set of unpacked files over to your SD card, and with any luck you'll find it all works.

I've just spent the last few hours trying to get one of these cards working in my son's DSi (as the mini cd supplied was unreadable!) and only just figured out the above. You probably don't need both the file copies I've named, but I can't be bothered to check that out at this late hour. :-) The card is now working fine.

Also, you don't appear to need the R4iMenu folder mentioned in the instructions on the website.

Game files can just be placed in a folder on the SD card (e.g. \Games ) which you can navigate to once you boot the DSi.

If the website is down, try http://www.linfoxdomain.com/nintendo/ds/ which has copies of all the clone firmware downloads.