Hacking PLease Help

hllywood14

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a wii softmod 4.2u with seagate freeagent go 320gb HD..I can run homebrew from the HD but no usb loader I have tried (4 of them will detect my drive)
here is setup ios 202, 222, 223, and 249 installed. hd 2 parts..60gb first part fat32 marked active....2nd part wbfs with 1 game I copied from cpu to..what could be the problem? I need help bad pulling my hair out...

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
use CFG Loader and try both usb ports, you need to restart the Wii for change the port...!!
smile.gif

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
boof222 said:
oh but ive got mine working with the WBFS first and an NTFS second

Are you running everything from the hard drive?

I know if your running your apps from the hard drive and the games as well then most loaders
require the fat32 to be the first partition and the second partition to be wbfs.

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
That's why its working for you then because your running all the apps from the sd card.

If you tried running apps and games of the hard drive and had wbfs as the first partition and fat32 as the second partition then it would not work.

hllywood14

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tried both ports....yes I am nolw running apps from drive....parts are 1 60gb fat primary and active
2nd rest of drive wbfs and has 1 game on it..was also created as primary.....any idea why this is going on? I am updated to 4.2u running ios 249 rev 14 but have tried 15..ios 222/223 ver4....i am at a lose as many people have said the drive works...

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You using forwarder channels or are you loading the usb loaders through the HBC?

Do the loaders show up in the HBC? like gx wiiflow ext? and what happens when you load one does it just reset to the wiis main menu.

jstevenson72

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Many people also suggest that the WBFS partition be the one partition set ACTIVE.

Windows doesn't care because you aren't booting it, so you might as well set the WBFS as the Active partition and see if that fixes your issue.

I personally have never had to intentionally mark anything active, but then I always create the FAT32, and then the WBFS, and then use WBFS Mgr 3.0 to format the WBFS partition...

I have setup about 10 Wiis of varying system versions from 3.0 to 4.2, all of them work without a hitch.

I always use Hermes 202/222/223 as the main cIOS, and also install Wan 249 rev 14/15.

Good Luck,

Jake

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)