ROM Hack please help with 3ds

delukard

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hi i have a 3ds xl, that someone installed FBI for me. and some other stuff (among them freeshop)
When i log in to system settings the console says its on Ver. 4.2.0-9u

now i have installed some games to it, but there is one game Mario&luigi Paper jam that i want to install to my daughter and it asks me to install FW9.6.
I asked the person that modified the 3ds for me about this and he tells me i can update the console with no problems, is this true?

The console boots directly to sysnand, it used to have a hack that booted to emunand
Im new to this 3ds homebrew, How can i update the console manually? every time i turn it on it asks me to install a new update, i imagine this is the official one?
Thanks for reading my post

Natsuru

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If you have arm9loaderhax (a9lh) or Boot9Strap/SigHax (B9S) you can update safely.
The question is are you using an old entry point such as menuhax.
We would need more info about your setup before we can go further.

If you don't know we can find out but we will need screen shots .etc

delukard

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
If you have arm9loaderhax (a9lh) or Boot9Strap/SigHax (B9S) you can update safely.
The question is are you using an old entry point such as menuhax.
We would need more info about your setup before we can go further.

If you don't know we can find out but we will need screen shots .etc
}tbh i dont know what i have. is there a way to check? by booting with power and start or any combination? i cant take pictures but im new here do i have to upload them to a host site?

Natsuru

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
To see if the system has CFW you can typically hold select then power on the device. If a menu comes up like luma configuration you have CFW.
As we don't know if your are even using a9lh/b9s just looking in the root of the SD card will give us a few clues.
a9lh user will have a a9loaderhax.bin file and b9s users will have a boot.firm file.
Older entrypoints like menuhax will cause the bottom screen to change colors like yellow, blue, red green.
In settings where you see the system version, if you see "Ver. #.#.#-#E" you are most likely not using CFW, if you see anything like "Sys #.#.#-#E" you most likely have CFW.
You should also see if you are using Emunand just in case. You can find out if you are using it if you put the SD card into the PC/Mac go to the disk management and see if the SD card is a 1-2gb partition.

If you would like to chat on discord tonight, join the GBATemp Discord in my sig and we can chat this out.
About 1 hours from now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    wow that didn't work lol
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    tried to paste a pic
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Stop getting your creamy paste all over
    +2
  • impeeza @ impeeza:
    DO NOT WORK FOR ME :(
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I think he has a wedgie, and is afraid to fix it in public.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or else he caught one of those Florida STD's
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Psis difficulty meter is Stds like how south park made it race color
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    oh yeah it's skin color for difficulty in south park

is it, by that logic, blackface to play on the hardest difficulty if you're white?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hey Psi, you ever been on a date and ran into another past date? And how did you handle it? Just curious.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He just says this is the neighbor across the block and says sorry their mail got mixed up
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, this sounds unhinged, but someone (i forgot who) saying they'd want to make their left 4 dead team wario, samus, captain falcon and nester gave me the idea for a quick round of fuck marry kill/bed wed behead
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck marry kill:
    wario, samus, captain falcon
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i gotta say fuck captain falcon, because he's hot (no homo), marry samus, because she seems like good wife (or as BigOnYa says, wifey) material, and kill wario, because he can't die, so killing him won't really kill him
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    but uhhh that's just me hehe
    iu
  • impeeza @ impeeza:
    good night guys
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night, wise one, thanks for trying to help.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    To sleep perchance to dream!
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    My state has put a heavy tax on vape juice, taxing any juice with nicotine by the weight/oz. So to get around the bs, my local vape store only sells 0 nicotine vape juices, then they also sell straight nicotine in tiny bottles, and you mix it yourself to your 0% juice, lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, is that Wing from South Park?
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Damn, is that Wing from South Park?