PLEASE HELP Pokemon Y rom Randomization/Hans Trouble

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by Orangesocks, Jul 12, 2016.

1. Orangesocks
    OP

Orangesocks Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 9, 2016
    United States
    I have been very diligently trying to randomize my pokemon Y game but something just seems to keep going wrong. I followed everysingle step but every time I open HANS and try to play the game it keeps saying "invalid path" and crashes. I know I did everything up until the actual randomization.
    I randomized the game to how I wanted and the rebuilt the rom in a new folder with the name 00055E00.romfs which is the correct file name for Hans. I then loaded it into HxD and deleted the line FF0 and everything above as instructed. I then saved it and the placed it on the root of my SD card in the Hans folder. But continually get the same error no matter how many times I try re-randomizing and start over. Am I just cursed or can any ROM hacking gurus with knowledge of pokemon xy randomization help me? The randomization software I am using is pk3DS. I am desperate

2. MsMidnight

MsMidnight part time fe modder

Oct 12, 2015
    kys
    Deleting the hex isn't needed anymore.

3. Orangesocks
    OP

Orangesocks Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 9, 2016
    United States
    I make sure to only do that once, or are you saying that that step in no longer needed with the new version of Hans?

4. MsMidnight

Oct 12, 2015
    kys
    No longer needed with the new version

5. Orangesocks
    OP

Orangesocks Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 9, 2016
    United States
    I do not know if I am incompetent but I did it all over again without deleting any Hex. But I still get the invalid path message :(

6. MsMidnight

Oct 12, 2015
    kys
    Is it in /hans/ ?

7. Orangesocks
    OP

Orangesocks Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 9, 2016
    United States
    Thank you so much for your help by the way and it is in a folder in hans, does it need to be in a specific place in the hans folder?

8. MsMidnight

Oct 12, 2015
    kys
    Game region ? And what did you randomize ?

9. Orangesocks
    OP

Orangesocks Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 9, 2016
    United States
    I MANAGED TO GET IT I WAS PLACING IT IN THE HANS DOWLOAD AREA IN MY HOMEBREW SARTER KIT, I DID NOT REALIZE I NEEDED TO CREATE AN EMPTY FOLDER LABELED ONLY HANS FOR IT TO WORK. Misplacement, thank you so much haha

10. MsMidnight

Oct 12, 2015
    kys
    Okay

11. Orangesocks
    OP

Orangesocks Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 9, 2016
    United States
    Last and final question, I now open the patch and get to the screen where I continue, I press A and then it goes black screen, is this a problem due to the randomization process?

12. Orangesocks
    OP

Orangesocks Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 9, 2016
    United States
    If anyone is still viewing this thread I have run into more issues with the game freezing/crashing upon clicking continue anyone have any advice? I made sure not to touch the starters or anything like that only did wild encounters and trainers