Hacking Please HELP ME!!!!!!!!

Kaine

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
It is my daughters 6th birthday tomorrow and I have bought her a ds I have got the Dstt card I didn't get a cd with it and it's just saying menu when I put the card in I realise i need some software to load on to it I have tried the one on downloads on this site not working tho.
Im that computer illieratethat I cant work out how to transfer it from win zip properly.

If anyone please has the patience to help me I would really appreciate it!!!!

Can't bear the thought of my little one not having any games to play on her DS tomorrow!!!

Trying to pull all your heart strings now !
any help would be greatly apprciated!!!

Thanks

Kaine

SleepingDragon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I love to help you, seeing as I have 3 young daughters of my own with their own DSs, but I'm not real familiar with DSTT. I'll search around and see if I can find any info to help you out. In the meantime, you should probably go to the DSTT official website and download the latest firmware release and put it on the card.

So, you didn't get a cd with it, is that correct? Also, this post needed to be made in the DSTT forum, under "NDS - Flashing Hardware and Software". Each flash card manufacturer has it's own section. That way, people with the same card all can help people and congregate in the same area. Hopefully, the moderator of this forum can see this and move it to that area.

MR MODERATOR would you be so kind as to move this over to the DSTT forum???

D

Deleted-119707

go on the dstt website, download the latest firmware, extract i and place it on the root of your card.

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
He can't figure out how to extract .zip files (or type properly).
th_facepalm.png

Edit: Just out of curiosity, you do have ROMs right?

Kaine

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I Have sonce worked my way through it I appreciate the numerous responses offering HELP!!!!!!! anyway
lecture.gif

Kaine

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I really am ehind with all this computer tech hen you say I do have Roms what exactly do you mean in english for those of us that don't have a clue????

Sorry for being so thick!

KD-JIL

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Insert your microSD card into the microSD reader (the orange thing that should have came with the flash cart) and plug the microSD reader into a USB port of your computer. Note which drive letter the microSD card was assigned to by hitting the "Start"(Windows XP) button or the window's logo(Vista) and go into "My Computer"(Windows XP) or just "Computer"(Vista). For explanatory purposes, let's say the drive was assigned to the letter "E:\". You want to download: http://download.ndstt.com/download/os/v1.10/eng.zip. Right-click it, hit "Extract All" hit "Browse" and direct it to extract to "E:\". Now I don't know how the DSTT works but I'm assuming it'll just detect the ROMs(the game files) from any directory. So now all you need to do is to download some ROMs (don't ask where, it's against the rules here) and extract them to your microSD card.

Ferrariman

Hip-Flop and cRap
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Kaine said:
I really am ehind with all this computer tech hen you say I do have Roms what exactly do you mean in english for those of us that don't have a clue????

Sorry for being so thick!
ROMs = Read Only Memory. I think.

In other words, the games

apocalypticvisio

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Roms are the game images that are dumped from commercial games for use on emulators, for developers, or these fun flashcarts. If you dun have any, then you're SOL still on the having games for her to play. I dun think we're allowed to post rom sites on here, so just google nds roms and you'll hopefully find a decent site to find clean roms.

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Roms are game files that are dumped from cartridges. A rom file will have a .nds extension. I believe it is legal to make backups of your own game cartridges, but illegal to download roms from websites for games that you haven't paid for. This website has a strict policy against discussing where to download illegal roms from. Here are the steps for getting a DSTT up and running:
[*]Download the firmware here: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=2134[*]Unzip the firmware archive. It should have a file named TTMENU.DAT and a folder named TTMENU (which will contain a bunch of files). Drag TTMENU.DAT and the TTMENU folder onto your microSD card.[*]Make a new folder on your microSD card called "games."[*]Put one or two .nds files into the "games" folder.[*]Remove the microSD card from your PC. Make sure you always use the "safely remove hardware" to remove the microSD card.[*]Insert your DSTT into your NDS. Insert the microSD into your DSTT. You should get to a menu with your games in it. Click on a game to run it.
-Bri

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol